Chapter 9: Embarrassment ✨

With no choice, Luo Jinxiao lifted her head, meeting Qu Weiyin's gaze.

Her heart cried out in despair. Why was it that their twisted fate continued? In this large Wuhui Sect, was there no one else qualified to teach besides her?

Qu Weiyin, however, appeared unfazed. She looked Luo Jinxiao up and down, taking in the young girl who still wore her old clothes, which looked a bit shabby and made her appear even slimmer. Aside from her pale complexion, her eyes and hair shone darkly, and when she widened her eyes, she resembled a wild but clear-eyed animal.

"Where's your uniform?" Qu Weiyin asked, her expression indifferent.

"I don't have one, Shi Shu," Luo Jinxiao replied, deciding to face her directly.

Qu Weiyin frowned, then nodded. "See me after class."

"Today's lesson is on summoning spirit beasts. They asked me to teach because I'm skilled in formations. However, the summoning array is the simplest formation that every disciple of Wuhui Sect should already know."

As she spoke, Qu Weiyin's intense gaze swept over the gathered disciples, making each one shrink back and avoid eye contact.

"Who wants to give it a try?" she asked.

"Hey, loser, want to give it a go?" someone whispered behind Luo Jinxiao, poking her back.

Luo Jinxiao frowned, trying to ignore them, but a sharp pain in her neck made her lean forward, catching Qu Weiyin's attention.

"Shi Shu Qu, she wants to try!" Yan Ying shouted from behind, and Luo Jinxiao turned just in time to see her gloating smile.

Luo Jinxiao's expression turned cold. She stood up, ignoring the mocking laughter around her. Only Lu Fanzhi looked worried, tugging at her sleeve.

"It's fine," Luo Jinxiao reassured her with a look before walking towards Qu Weiyin and standing beside her.

Qu Weiyin realized that despite the girl's young age, she was taller than her. She stepped back, giving Luo Jinxiao space, and found herself unexpectedly tense, her eyes following Luo Jinxiao's every move.

In truth, formations were second nature to Luo Jinxiao, especially a basic summoning array. Her only concern was whether her current body could summon anything at all.

Taking a brush from the table, she knelt and quickly drew the array with fluid movements. Soon, a complete summoning array took shape.

"Is that a summoning array?" someone nearby asked.

"It looks like it, and it's a high-level one. But hasn't she been without celestial veins? How did she learn such advanced formations?"

Ignoring the whispers, Luo Jinxiao focused on perfecting the array. Beside her, Qu Weiyin watched with a hint of surprise.

Qu Weiyin tilted her head slightly, seeing only the back of Luo Jinxiao's neck. The girl's neck was slender and pale, with hair cascading down each side, revealing a faint scar on her exposed skin.

Qu Weiyin's eyes grew cold as she glanced toward Yan Ying.

"All done," Luo Jinxiao said cheerfully, standing up and dusting off her hands as she turned to look at Qu Weiyin.

In her eyes was a confidence that starkly contrasted with her usual timidity.

"Not bad," Qu Weiyin replied indifferently, waving her hand for Luo Jinxiao to return to her spot before raising an eyebrow and saying, "You, come here."

Yan Ying was already annoyed that Luo Jinxiao didn't embarrass herself, but when she heard Qu Weiyin call her name, she jumped in fright.

"The array is ready; try using the summoning technique," Qu Weiyin said.