Chapter 6: Foreheads Touching ✨

Luo Jinxiao could only think of three words: dare not move.

“Hey, wake up!” she called out, trying to rouse Qu Weiyin, but to no avail.

Qu Weiyin appeared to be enduring immense pain; her arms tightened around Luo Jinxiao, making it almost difficult for her to breathe. Her complexion was as pale as snow, her lips devoid of color, making her look exceedingly frail.

The only words escaping her lips were soft murmurs of pain.

With no other options, Luo Jinxiao wrapped her arms around Qu Weiyin and raised one hand to furrow her brow. She exerted some spiritual energy and slowly channeled it into Qu Weiyin's body.

Qu Weiyin had abundant spiritual energy, but it was chaotic and erratic, rushing wildly throughout her system. It didn’t seem that she was in the throes of demonic deviation, but Luo Jinxiao had encountered several cultivators who had faced such a fate before and was well aware of the signs.

Yet, Qu Weiyin appeared to be afflicted by some kind of curse.

Could this be the reason for her eventual descent into madness? A chill crept down Luo Jinxiao’s spine, making her wary of pondering further.

In her previous life, she might have been able to help Qu Weiyin, but now, with only her meager skills, she felt utterly powerless.

After hesitating for a moment, Luo Jinxiao considered loosening her grip, thinking it might be best to call for someone to assist.

However, as soon as she loosened her hold, Qu Weiyin tightened her embrace, as if holding onto a lifeline, refusing to let go.

Luo Jinxiao struggled for a while but ultimately gasped in defeat. She stretched her neck to scan the surroundings; this seemed to be a very secluded spot, with a rocky backdrop. The water in the pool was naturally warm, steaming with hot vapor that rose into the air.

Since Qu Weiyin was hiding here alone, she likely didn’t want others to know, so calling for help would be unwise.

Luo Jinxiao vaguely remembered hearing that there was a hot spring on the mountain, one that had existed for a thousand years. The water was said to gather the spiritual essence of heaven and earth, providing excellent aid for cultivation.

This must be the place.

Well, a dead horse should be treated as a live one; she couldn’t just leave Qu Weiyin here. What kind of righteous person would do that? Determined, Luo Jinxiao took a deep breath and bravely lifted Qu Weiyin into her arms.

However, being just a young girl, lifting someone like Qu Weiyin proved to be quite a challenge. She gritted her teeth, moving one step at a time toward the edge of the pool.

But then she stumbled; her hand shook and her foot slipped. With a splash, she inadvertently dropped Qu Weiyin back into the water, sending a cascade of droplets flying.

Luo Jinxiao coughed awkwardly, feeling a pang of guilt.

“Oh, demoness! I truly am saving your life this time. When you wake up, please don’t hold this against me.”

Standing in the water, she let Qu Weiyin lean against her as she gathered all the spiritual energy in her body and slowly channeled it into her.

Interestingly, although she was unable to accept Qu Weiyin's energy, her own spiritual energy seemed to have a wonderful healing effect on Qu Weiyin. It flowed together seamlessly, showing no signs of rejection.

Luo Jinxiao felt puzzled but continued her efforts, sending more and more of her spiritual energy into Qu Weiyin. Perhaps due to the warm water, she soon noticed that her spiritual energy didn’t diminish; instead, it felt replenished.