Chapter 111: Beginnings (Grand Finale)

The consequences of the catastrophe were beyond repair, but nearly all the survivors felt a sense of gratitude; time would eventually restore everything.

The scorched earth began to sprout new shoots, and the crops wrecked by the heavy rain were replanted in a new cycle. The skies were clear, and life was rejuvenating all around.

Fortunately, the catastrophe hadn't spread far beyond Wuzhong City. Although the city lay in ruins, most of the civilians had already been evacuated, resulting in minimal casualties. The various celestial sects, now recognizing their own shortcomings, disbanded the celestial beings among them and honored the Wuhui Sect as the foremost in the martial realm, uniting to assist the common folk.

Everything was breathing new life in an orderly fashion.

The Wuhui Sect was shrouded in sadness. The sect leader's grave was established on the back mountain, resting alongside those who had sacrificed their lives for the Wuhui Sect. The disciples knelt at the white jade pillar at the entrance for three consecutive days, honoring her memory.

Luo Jinxiao knelt before her grave, bowed her head, and using Wujie, carved the characters "Bei Sang" onto the tombstone.

She had devoted her life to the sect leader's role and had ultimately reclaimed her identity in death.

The disciples nominated Luo Jinxiao to be the new sect leader, but she declined, understanding that she was not suited for such a lofty position. She did not wish to be in the limelight; she only wanted to tend to her own small plot of land. Thus, the title temporarily fell to Elder Liu.

Upon hearing the news, Elder Liu was furious and stormed up to the Han Yun Pavilion to confront her, only to find it deserted.

Time quickly passed to late autumn, and the weather gradually turned colder; however, the world below remained bustling with excitement. Long streets in Luyang Prefecture were filled with throngs of people, all rushing to enjoy the rare warmth under the sun before the chill set in.

In the bustling market, many children brandished candy hawthorns, gathering in clusters, playing and laughing as they sang off-key tunes.

After years of chaos throughout the Six Realms, the dark night was finally illuminated.

The kind-hearted Demon Lord was not a disaster; with the descent of the Nine Gods, the heavens were cleansed.

"Listen," a girl in green with a hood nudged the person beside her, her face aglow with a smile.

The red-cloaked woman with an oversized hat focused intently for a moment before nodding, "Not bad."

"Control your energy; you wouldn't want to be recognized," Qu Weiyin playfully pinched Luo Jinxiao's waist, causing her to yelp quietly and scoot closer.

"If they recognize me, so be it. You're not afraid anymore," Luo Jinxiao said, feigning a pout.

"They'll worship us," Qu Weiyin replied, looking even more aggrieved.

Luo Jinxiao sighed in resignation and cleared her throat a couple of times, disguising herself as an ordinary person.

The two of them continued to wander with the crowd for a while longer when Qiongqi suddenly caught the scent of roasted meat and made a beeline for a nearby tavern. Luo Jinxiao quickly grabbed her, clutching her neck. "You're not hungry again, are you?"

Qiongqi struggled a bit while nodding.

"You can't eat!" Luo Jinxiao refused to relent, so Qiongqi turned and gazed up at her with big teary eyes, burrowing into her chest. Luo Jinxiao instinctively dodged, and the two began to playfully wrangle in the street.