Chapter 107: Shared Sleep

This time, the experience was far more profound and memorable than their previous innocence, as they embraced one another in a corner where no one could witness.

Qu Weiyin ultimately couldn’t hold back any longer, her voice hoarse and nearly exhausted. She gently clasped Luo Jinxiao’s hand, whispering for her to stop.

At first, Luo Jinxiao resisted, but when she saw the mix of anger and desperation in Qu Weiyin’s eyes, she finally relented, rolling onto her side to lie beside her.

The sky had already darkened, transforming into a dim shade of blue, with only a few remnants of white light lingering at the edges. Their breaths intertwined, gradually calming down.

Luo Jinxiao picked up her outer garment from beside her and gently draped it over Qu Weiyin, shielding her from the surrounding clutter.

Qu Weiyin let out a small huff, completely lacking the energy to deal with her at that moment. She was wearied and simply wanted to sleep.

As Luo Jinxiao watched Qu Weiyin, her heart swelled with joy. She reached out, attempting to adjust Qu Weiyin gently to find a more comfortable position on the soft couch, but Qu Weiyin pushed her away.

“Don’t move; I’m tired,” Qu Weiyin replied gruffly.

“Hmm? Tired from what?” Luo Jinxiao asked, her curiosity piqued.

Feeling bashful, Qu Weiyin didn’t want to respond. Instead, she turned away from Luo Jinxiao, presenting her smooth back to her, its graceful lines reminding Luo Jinxiao of a flawless jade Ruyi.

Luo Jinxiao snuggled closer and wrapped her arms around Qu Weiyin from behind, serving as a shield against the wind.

“Little Master Uncle.”

“What is it?” Qu Weiyin mumbled, eyes still closed.

“Nothing much, just wanted to call you,” Luo Jinxiao responded playfully, placing a soft kiss on the nape of Qu Weiyin’s neck.

Qu Weiyin quickly fell asleep, utterly exhausted from the day's events, her breathing gentle and even, clearly in a deep slumber.

She had no nightmares, unconsciously leaning closer into Luo Jinxiao's embrace. Luo Jinxiao softly adjusted Qu Weiyin's disheveled clothing, then nestled against her and drifted into a deep sleep.

In the sea of flowers, the wind was barely discernible, silent and still, and the ancient bed held a mélange of sweet fragrances.

They slept for a long time, and when they finally woke up, the sky was bright. Luo Jinxiao rubbed her eyes, and when her hand brushed against the side, she startled and nearly fell over.

A hand reached out and steadied her, a teasing tone accompanying it: “What’s wrong? You’re so reckless.”

Hearing her voice, Luo Jinxiao exhaled a sigh of relief. “I thought you had disappeared again.”

“I would have liked to go out, but your barrier is something I can’t break,” Qu Weiyin responded as she bent down to pick a red flower, gently placing it among a handful of flowers in her embrace.

She was dressed neatly, looking nothing like she had the night before. Her long skirt trailed over the petals, flowing gracefully and leaving no trace of injury.

Luo Jinxiao chuckled and jumped beside her. She hadn’t noticed before, but the sound of birds chirping and insects buzzing filled the air, with breezes rustling through the flowers, causing the entire field to tilt.

The wind lifted Qu Weiyin's hair, which she had tied back, and delicate light blue butterflies landed in her locks.

Qu Weiyin turned her water-laden phoenix eyes towards Luo Jinxiao, giving her a captivating glance before turning and striding towards the edge of the flower field. Luo Jinxiao felt her heart skip at the sight, nearly losing herself in that moment, and only rushed to follow once Qu Weiyin had moved a distance away.