Chapter 42: Caught in Bed

"Now that I have no spiritual pills for cultivation, you can teach me more as compensation," Luo Jin Xiao tried her luck and came closer.

To her surprise, Qu Wei Yin readily agreed and even turned around to take some ancient books from the bookshelf and handed them to Luo Jin Xiao.

"These are my hard-earned treasures of ancient cultivation techniques. You can have them," Qu Wei Yin said in a low voice, and then, after some deliberation, pulled out a palm-sized wooden box from somewhere.

"These are Spirit Stones. When you practice, place them near you to speed up your cultivation," Qu Wei Yin explained. She added, "They are invaluable and were obtained by chance."

Before Luo Jin Xiao could respond, Qu Wei Yin pushed the box into her hands.

Feeling helpless, Luo Jin Xiao put the box into her bag. She then dragged Qu Wei Yin, who had other things on her mind, to a nearby chair and forced her to sit down.

Confused, Qu Wei Yin looked up at Luo Jin Xiao with a somewhat confused expression.

"I'll apply some medicine for you." Luo Jin Xiao took out a small jade bottle from her bag and waved it in front of Qu Wei Yin. "This was given to me by Lu Fanzhi, and it is very effective for spiritual injuries. Just use it for a while and you will be fine."

She reached out to pull Qu Wei Yin's robe off her shoulder, but Qu Wei Yin suddenly leaned back and avoided her touch.

"I'll do it myself. You can go home," Qu Wei Yin said, tightening her robe. "I will dedicate myself to teaching you cultivation."

The situation seemed to have left Qu Wei Yin confused, but she looked determined.

From Luo Jin Xiao's perspective, she could only see the top of Qu Wei Yin's head and a small, elegant nose as she spoke. Luo Jin Xiao didn't push and handed the bottle to Qu Wei Yin, smiling as she said, "Young Martial Uncle, you must have other things to attend to. I'll leave you alone and not bother you."

Qu Wei Yin nodded absently. Luo Jin Xiao sensed something strange about her, but she attributed it to Qu Wei Yin's recent advancement to the Crossing Tribulation stage and assumed that she was just tired. With that, she said goodbye and left, closing the door behind her.

The Qiong Qi that had been waiting outside had transformed back into its feathered tiger form. It jumped into Luo Jin Xiao's arms, and she rewarded it with a pat on the head.

Standing at the door, she let out a sigh, opened her palm, and held it in front of her, looking at it intently.

She knew that she had to find a way to advance her cultivation quickly. Although she understood that it was unlikely that she would make any significant progress in the short term, she couldn't go on like this. If a similar incident happened again, she wouldn't be able to protect the people she cared about.

With these thoughts in her mind, she felt increasingly anxious.

After Qu Wei Yin became the head of the Qu family, gifts poured in from all directions, and many acquaintances of the Qu family came to pay their respects. As much as she disliked such gatherings, she managed to avoid them for a few days.

With the spirit stones provided by Qu Wei Yin and consistent cultivation, Luo Jin Xiao's cultivation steadily increased. One night, she reached the third level of the Golden Core level and was about to enter the Nascent Soul level.

She immersed herself in her cultivation, alternating between day and night in the mountains. Time passed quickly, and soon a month had passed. The scorching sun of summer gave way to the mountains adorned with red leaves, heralding the arrival of autumn.