Chapter 17: I Only Trust You

"What are you doing here?" Qu Weiying pulled her back and lowered her voice, her expression stern.

"Why is Senior Uncle Qu here?" Luo Jinxiu turned her head and stood still.

Qu Weiying couldn't pull her back and didn't know how to respond, feeling so angry that she couldn't speak.

Qu Chengzhou, on the other hand, watched the two of them with interest and then smiled kindly. "Luo Jinxiu, it has been many days since you came to the 'Unforgiven Gate'. How's your cultivation going? Are you used to it?"

Seeing his benevolent appearance, Luo Jinxiu also pretended to be polite and gentle like him and replied, "It's going well. Thank you, Elder Qu, for your concern."

When Qu Weiying heard this, she knew it was insincere and felt angry. She was about to say something when Luo Jinxiu tightened his grip on her hand and suddenly pulled her away. Unprepared, Qu Weiying almost collided with her.

"Luo Jinxiu!" Qu Weiying was furious.

"Shh." Luo Jinxiu turned her head and motioned to her.

The distance between them suddenly became too close. Qu Weiying instinctively leaned back a little, her heart seemed to suddenly stop, and she felt dizzy.

Luo Jinxiu's profile was truly beautiful, her eyes like calm water, her eyebrows like distant mountains. When she came so close, a light fragrance and the warmth of her face washed over Qu Weiying.

Qu Weiying wasn't sure whether she was angry or nervous, and she felt her cheeks heating up.

"Weiying is magnanimous and has many things to do on ordinary days, while I, as an elder, have more leisure. I invited you personally. If you need anything in the future, feel free to ask for my help. You don't need to bother others," Qu Chengzhou said half-jokingly, then stroked his beard and laughed heartily.

Feeling Qu Weiying's sudden outburst of anger, Luo Jinxiu smiled and stood in front of her, then replied, "Thank you, Elder.

Qu Chengzhou's gaze lingered on the two of them as if pondering something, and then he added, "I just happened to be patrolling here. Now I have a lesson to teach, so I'll leave first."

Luo Jinxiu was eager for him to leave, so she nodded quickly. Qu Chengzhou turned around and disappeared like a puff of smoke carried by the wind.

She breathed a sigh of relief, but before she could say anything, Qu Weiying threw her hand away, turned around and walked away without saying a word. Not knowing what had happened, Luo Jinxiu rushed to stop her.

"Senior Uncle, wait!"

"Don't touch me!" Qu Weiying raised her arm to avoid Luo Jinxiu's touch and sternly warned, causing Luo Jinxiu to stagger backwards.

Luo Jinxiu was puzzled as to why the female demon was so angry.

As Qu Weiying was about to leave, Luo Jinxiu, who had gained some experience, took a few steps forward and directly blocked her path, grabbing her arm. With a look of sorrow and helplessness, she said, "Senior Uncle, why is this? If I hadn't intervened, you would have fought with Elder Qu. You're powerful, but you can't beat him."

Qu Weiying looked at her questioningly, raised his hand to free his arm, and coldly said, "Of course, I know I can't beat him, so I won't hit him. It's none of your business."

Luo Jinxiu raised an eyebrow and thought to herself that even though she didn't hit him, Qu Weiying almost fell into evil.

"Then why are you so angry?" Luo Jinxiu asked.

Qu Weiying's slender eyes lifted slightly, still showing a hint of redness, but looking clear and spirited, diminishing some of her ferocity.

"I am not angry," Qu Weiying said.