Chapter 78: Forceful Kiss

Luo Jinxiao quickly snatched the book back and cleared her throat. “I’ve been overthinking things lately, so I just wanted to take a casual look.”

Qu Weiyin found herself at a loss for words, wanting to offer advice but unsure how to begin. In the end, she simply waved her hand, signaling Luo Jinxiao to leave.

Luo Jinxiao felt as if she had been granted a pardon, and she bolted out the door.

Qu Weiyin walked over to the window, watching Luo Jinxiao's figure fade into the night. She let out a long sigh, her eyelids lowering slightly, her lips loosening in a faint smile.

The view outside was unchanged, as it had been for ten years. The bright moon hung high, and the night was cool and tranquil, casting the layers of clouds in hues of amber.

Peaceful and serene.

Time passed, and eventually, the light suddenly went out beneath the moonlight, leaving Qu Weiyin’s silhouette vanished from the window.

The night blossom forest was shrouded in darkness, only a few fragmented shadows swaying in the moonlight. The red fabric of her dress brushed against the petals, making a soft rustling sound.

Qu Weiyin approached the door of the bamboo house, gently tapping on the bamboo door. With a creaking sound, it opened, and a voice from inside invited her in.

The Sect Master sat at a bamboo table in the courtyard, her skirt fanned out around her. There were faint traces of blood visible from the sleeves, yet her expression was calm, as if nothing had happened.

Qu Weiyin composed herself, suppressing any emotion in her gaze as she closed the door and moved forward.

The two women, one dressed in red and the other in white, sat across from each other, and for a moment, neither spoke.

“The Sect Master called for me. What is it regarding?” Qu Weiyin was the first to break the silence.

“It's nothing important,” the Sect Master said, shaking her head slightly. Her white hair cast dappled shadows within the flower's glow. Even Qu Weiyin thought she looked incredibly beautiful.

“Thank you, Sect Master, for saving my life five years ago,” Qu Weiyin expressed.

“Someone willingly offered their life for yours, and I merely acted on impulse. It is nothing significant,” the Sect Master replied, shaking her head dismissively.

“Is that so? Did you use the Panorama of Mountains and Rivers?” Qu Weiyin detected an unusual aura and furrowed her brows.

The Sect Master’s smile faded, and she nodded self-deprecatingly, extending her hand to invite Qu Weiyin to touch her.

Qu Weiyin hesitantly reached out, her fingertips grazing the surface. “How could you have sustained such severe injuries?” Her phoenix eyes widened in shock.

If she remembered correctly, the Sect Master had reached the same level of cultivation as she had in her past life, having long ago attained the Greater Ascension stage. With just a bit more effort, she could achieve demigod status. Yet now, it appeared as if the celestial veins within her had withered, leaving them dry and lifeless.

“During past celestial-demon conflicts, I could hold my ground somewhat, but now in this frail body, I don’t know what to do,” the Sect Master lamented.

“Then why not cultivate the Panorama of Mountains and Rivers?” Qu Weiyin suggested, retracting her hand.

“I simply wanted to try it out, and now I’m in this state. Everyone will eventually die; even if one achieves immortality, they cannot escape aging and death,” the Sect Master replied, shaking her head lightly while managing a smile.