Chapter 85: Reliance

“Do you have anything else new? Show me,” Luo Jinxiao said, trying to peek into Qu Weiyin’s clothing. However, Qu Weiyin raised her hand, pressing her down onto the couch, rendering her immobile.

“Don’t mess around,” Qu Weiyin chided, a hint of embarrassment in her voice.

Not wishing to linger there, Luo Jinxiao quickly descended the mountain to help clean up the battlefield and disperse the demonic energy. She handled the divine power with ease, which sped up the process.

As she met her fellow disciples, they looked at her with a hint of reverence, bowing their heads to greet her. This made Luo Jinxiao somewhat flabbergasted.

The sun soon began to set, casting a long orange trail across the sky from north to south. The heavens were vast, with dense clouds, creating a serene scene, as though the calamitous war had never occurred.

After repairing the shattered white jade pillar at the grand gates, Luo Jinxiao slowly approached Wuhui Palace. The injured disciples had already been carried back to their quarters, and now a group of elders, along with the Sect Master of Baiyue Sect, were gathered in discussion.

Luo Jinxiao didn't wish to interrupt them and stood quietly at the doorway to listen.

“This time, we lost over a hundred disciples, with at least a dozen fatalities, including Elder Liu, who has yet to awaken. Wuhui Sect has sustained severe damage,” Elder Mei, with his youthful face yet white hair, lamented.

“Fortunately, Wuzhong City is protected by numerous prominent families and clans. Though they were attacked by demons, their presence mitigated the damage,” the Baiyue Sect Master responded.

Luo Jinxiao was deeply engrossed in their conversation when she suddenly felt someone tap her on the back. Turning her head, she saw Tang Lian'er.

“Why aren’t you going in?” Tang Lian'er asked, her eyes shining brightly. “I heard about your feats on my way here. You single-handedly drove back the demon horde. Your name will certainly spread throughout the realms!”

“I just arrived at the right time; it was thanks to Master Uncle and the others,” Luo Jinxiao shook her head.

She quietly slipped away from Wuhui Palace, not wanting to be noticed. If she were questioned about the divine energy, she would have a difficult time explaining.

Tang Lian'er followed closely behind her, concern etched on her face. “It’s not only the Wuhui Sect that’s been affected; other areas are suffering too. On our way here, we saw many villages and towns plagued by demons. They are fiercer than ever. While they may not pose much threat to cultivators, ordinary citizens are suffering. I fear that this chaos won’t settle down anytime soon.”

As Luo Jinxiao listened to Tang Lian'er, her heart grew heavier. With the rapid proliferation of demons, they couldn't possibly be eradicated merely through slaughter.

Members of Baiyue Sect came to summon Tang Lian'er back. She cast a reluctant glance at Luo Jinxiao, said her goodbyes, and turned to leave, leaving Luo Jinxiao alone to ascend the mountain.

Luo Jinxiao intended to visit the Sect Master to check on Elder Liu's condition.

The flower garden of the Sect Master showed signs of disturbance; it seemed to have felt the presence of demonic energy. In just a single day, the petals had all fallen, carpeting the ground like a fragrant blanket. Yet, the empty branches looked somewhat desolate.

Luo Jinxiao knocked on the door, and this time, it was the Sect Master who opened it. Her complexion was almost transparent, and her hair was disheveled, cascading over her shoulders.