Chapter 81: Hold Me

“I didn’t; I didn’t do anything. I swear.” Luo Jinxiao speculated that Qu Weiyin must have misunderstood something. She quickly raised her hand, feeling the knot in her own heart twist painfully as she saw Qu Weiyin’s deep sorrow.

“Do you think I’m incredibly dull, keeping all my thoughts hidden and never speaking about them? I deserve this, *Luo Jinxiao*,” Qu Weiyin choked up. She lifted the wide sleeves of her robe to wipe away her tears. “Why did you have to come into my life? Everything would’ve been so much better if things stayed the same.”

“The first time I died, I felt hatred toward everything. I wished to leave bodies scattered everywhere, wanting to slaughter all living beings, transforming into a true demon from that day on.”

“But the second time I died, all I wanted was to end it all. I didn’t want to see the mountains and rivers here ever again.”

“But you made me stay,” Qu Weiyin said softly.

Luo Jinxiao felt her own eyes well up with tears, standing still in place.

“I really don’t know what to do…” Qu Weiyin’s voice grew lighter, as if it could be carried away by the wind at any moment. Suddenly, she faltered forward, and the sword in her hand clattered to the ground.

Instinctively, Luo Jinxiao stepped forward and opened her arms. Qu Weiyin collapsed into her embrace, her cheek pressing against Luo Jinxiao’s shoulder, the last drop of heated tears flowing down Luo Jinxiao’s neck and soaking into her clothes.

“Why is there so much demonic energy on you?” Luo Jinxiao asked in a hoarse voice, sniffing back her own tears. She turned her body and hoisted Qu Weiyin onto her back.

“Don’t let me see the Sect Master; I might want to kill her,” Qu Weiyin suddenly said. “Take me back.”

Luo Jinxiao didn’t dare to refuse. She quickened her pace, her body promptly vanishing.

The night wind swept through the entrance hall as Luo Jinxiao charged in with Qu Weiyin on her back, colliding right into Lu Fanzhi and the others who were waiting there. They stared at each other in shock, dumbfounded by the scene before them.

“Did you find Master Uncle Qu?” Lu Fanzhi asked as her eyes followed Luo Jinxiao around the screen.

“Yes,” Luo Jinxiao replied succinctly, moving into the inner room.

At that moment, Luo Ning waved to Lu Fanzhi, and the group stealthily slipped out of the door.

Luo Jinxiao, now too anxious to care about anyone else, gently laid Qu Weiyin down on the bed. Pressing her hand to Qu Weiyin's forehead, she exclaimed, “Why is it so hot? I…”

“It’s nothing; if I die, you can just be with someone else and follow your heart’s desire,” Qu Weiyin said, struggling to prop herself up against the bed's edge, gazing at Luo Jinxiao with a faint smile on her delicate features.

“What are you talking about? If you die, what am I supposed to do?” Luo Jinxiao snapped, her voice rising with frustration.

“Lie down.” Luo Jinxiao commanded.

Qu Weiyin didn’t comply. Instead, she examined Luo Jinxiao closely, then suddenly leaned forward, reducing the space between them. Luo Jinxiao could see each of her beautifully curled eyelashes.

“Do you want to join me, before I completely lose myself to darkness?” she whispered, her voice turning seductive, yet her eyes still reflected deep pain.

Looking into her eyes, which seemed to glow red with emotion, Luo Jinxiao felt her heart race and her mind swirl.

She gasped, taken aback, and managed to ask, “What?”