Chapter 15: Little Sweetie

The scolding left Luo Jinxiang speechless. She had no choice but to remain silent, wondering why the witch was always in such a bad mood.

At that moment, the sword spirit appeared once again, holding a small book in her hands that was no bigger than the palm of her hand, but felt as heavy as a mountain as she struggled to lift it.

"Here," the sword spirit said and threw the book at Luo Jinxiang's face.

Luo Jinxiang skillfully caught it and found the page on forbidden techniques before respectfully handing the book to Qu Wei Yin.

Qu Wei Yin casually flipped through the book, but after only a few pages, she stopped, flicked her finger, and the book burst into flames, turning into ashes.

"Truly misleading," she muttered, shaking off the ashes in annoyance.

Luo Jinxiang kept his head down, not daring to speak.

"Your friend has arrived," Qu Wei Yin said, her eyes flitting to the window before looking at Luo Jinxiang. "Quite a network of friends you've gathered in just a few days."

"Friend? Could it be Lu Fanzhi? How did she find this place?" Luo Jinxiang suddenly remembered her days of unconsciousness and realized that she had no idea what had happened in the outside world. Emboldened, she blinked at Qu Wei Yin.

Qu Wei Yin looked at her impassively, showing no reaction.

Luo Jinxiang stepped forward again, grinning and showing eight teeth. "Senior Apprentice, I slept for a whole five days..."

"Get to the point," Qu Wei Yin said as she slowly sat down and deftly poured a cup of steaming hot tea.

"I'm worried about the No Regret Palace. Will I have to compensate for it?" Luo Jinxiang's smile became bittersweet.

Qu Wei Yin hadn't considered her concern. She almost choked on her tea and put down the cup, then she looked at Luo Jinxiang, "Do you have any money?"

Luo Jinxiang hastily shook his head.

"In that case, why worry? If necessary, just trade your life for the No Regrets Palace. It has stood for a century; sacrificing your life will not be in vain," Qu Wei Yin said.

Luo Jinxiang felt a pang in her heart and her eyes widened. In Qu Wei Yin's eyes, she looked like a frightened fawn.

She wanted to laugh inwardly and pursed her lips, but quickly resumed her impassive facade. "The elders have ordered you to collect firewood in the back mountains. If you don't gather enough for a year, you won't be allowed back through the No Regrets Gate."

"For a year? And I can't use spiritual energy?" Luo Jinxiang couldn't force himself to smile this time. Summoning a Qiongqi was the cause of her downfall.

"You've been circling down for a few rounds now. Do you want to go down, or should I let them come up?" Qu Wei Yin's face turned slightly towards the window as she raised her chin.

Luo Jinxiang looked dejected, and before she could reply, Qu Wei Yin nodded. Then, with a casual wave of her hand, a gust of wind was heard and two figures tumbled and stumbled in through the window. One of them rolled directly onto the ground, while the other, who seemed to have a higher level of cultivation, struggled before finally standing up.

"Sister!" The standing girl lunged forward, and shaken by weakness, Luo Jinxiang almost fell back, feeling a force supporting her waist as she took a few steps back.

Looking in Qu Wei Yin's direction, she was leisurely sipping her tea, seemingly unaware of the situation over here. Confused, Qu Wei Yin turned her gaze to the girl. She seemed to be of a similar age, and her features bore a resemblance to Qu Wei Yin, with sparkling black eyes and a delicate nose. However, her lips lacked Qu Wei Yin's smile, and her face was rounder and less charming.

Qu Wei Yin had paid little attention to the background of this body, not knowing that she had a sister.

"Sister, I've been on a training mission for almost a month and haven't returned, and to think, you also entered the No Regrets Gate and got injured. Let me have a look!" She pulled Luo Jinxiang, made a small circle, and reached out to examine her injuries.

"She has no external injuries, just a damaged spiritual vein," Qu Wei Yin suddenly spoke, her tone as distant and indifferent as usual.

Luo Ning was startled by the voice, so he turned around and respectfully said, "Greetings, Junior Apprentice Qu."

"Greetings, Junior Apprentice Qu," Lu Fanzhi said as she struggled to stand.

Qu Wei Yin remained unmoved.

"These five days have really worried me, and I couldn't find you anywhere. If it wasn't for my master helping me gather information, I would have thought you were really dead. I skipped the morning exercise to find you, and it just so happened that Senior Apprentice Luo Ning came back from her training and heard about your situation, so she came with me," Lu Fanzhi said, his clothes rumpled.

"I am fine," Luo Jinxiang said with a smile, touched by her genuine concern.

Meanwhile, from a distance, Qu Wei Yin had not taken a sip of her tea.

"Is this the Qiongqi? I've never seen such a ferocious beast before, and do you really want to keep it by your side? Throughout history, such beasts have been symbols of bad omens and bloodshed. If you can't control it..." Lu Fanzhi looked at the Qiongqi curiously, seemingly wanting to touch it but hesitating.

"A fierce beast is born to devour human flesh and pick their bones clean," Qu Wei Yin suddenly interjected, her eyes gradually turning.