Chapter 103: Disappearance

Qu Weiyin turned her head away to avoid looking at Luo Jinxiao. After finally swallowing the last bit of the sweet pastry, she turned to find something to drink, only to be met by Luo Jinxiao’s kiss.

As their lips grew closer, the fragrant scent of the girl mixed with the sweetness of the sugar gradually melted in her mouth. Luo Jinxiao became bold, kissing away all the sweetness lingering on Qu Weiyin’s lips before finally pulling away.

Qu Weiyin’s phoenix-like eyes were misty as she reached up to wipe away the remnants from her mouth.

“It’s getting late; we should rest.” Qu Weiyin said softly.

Standing up, she pushed her chair back and walked toward the inner room, her long hair cascading down to her waist and obscuring her swaying hips. Just as Luo Jinxiao was about to follow, Qu Weiyin turned abruptly and blocked the doorway.

“Go back, Jinxiao.”

Although her tone was gentle, the dullness in her eyes revealed just how low she felt at that moment.

Luo Jinxiao halted in her tracks, watching as the door closed right before her eyes.

Seeing Qu Weiyin like this made her heart ache, yet she didn’t know how to comfort her; after all, Qu Weiyin was feeling this way because she cared for her.

With a deep sigh of resignation, she popped another piece of Dragon Whisker Crispy into her mouth.

Perhaps it would be better to let Qu Weiyin be alone for a while.

As the light outside dimmed, the sweltering summer evening grew sultry, filled with the incessant screeching of cicadas. Qu Weiyin sat quietly on her bed, feeling restless and agitated. With a flick of her sleeve, the clamorous cicadas suddenly fell silent.

Once again, she was enveloped in stillness. Only a few thin, orange-yellow clouds floated on the horizon, as the sun had long disappeared, leaving an atmosphere of solitude that felt suffocating.

Qu Weiyin felt as if she had turned into a stone statue, immobilized and devoid of any desire to do anything.

The scenes from the illusion replayed endlessly before her eyes, a haunting memory of her killing the person she loved most. The moment Luo Jinxiao was struck felt like a magical curse, binding her in a perpetual torment.

She no longer dared to face Luo Jinxiao, nor could she accept the kindness that she offered.

Her thoughts drifted back to a few years prior, when she first met Luo Jinxiao at the Wuhui Sect. Back then, Luo Jinxiao had every chance to kill her for revenge or simply to distance herself from a murderer like her.

Yet, rather than fleeing or retaliating, she always greeted Qu Weiyin with a smile. It was those very smiles that led Qu Weiyin to fall deeper and deeper.

She was truly the only good in this world.

Lost in her thoughts, Qu Weiyin suddenly leaned forward and pounded her fist painfully against her leg.

"Everyone will be dragged down by you; haven’t you realized that all the suffering stems from you?"

The echo of those words from the illusion suddenly resonated through her mind, lingering and refusing to fade. Qu Weiyin gasped for breath, attempting to banish them from her thoughts.

"I will still die in front of you. This is all your fault."

“Shut up!” Qu Weiyin let out a restrained scream, grabbing the Remnant Moon Star Sword and cutting a harsh line across her arm.

The wound from the divine sword was difficult to heal; a streak of blood slid across her pale skin, tinged with a hint of dark energy, trailing down to her fingertips and dripping onto the ground.