Chapter 108: Catastrophe

“However, I trust what you both have said, but many of the disciples won’t, and outsiders even less so. This means that from now on, it will be difficult for you two to appear in public. Have you thought this through?”

Her white eyelashes fluttered slightly as she raised her gaze to meet Luo Jinxiao's, her eyes profound.

Luo Jinxiao immediately became serious, nodding in understanding. “Of course, we’ve already decided to head to the heavenly realm and never show ourselves to the world again.”

She dashed over to Qu Weiyin’s side, sharing a smile with her. “We only came back this time to say goodbye to everyone.”

“Never returning?” The sect leader’s brows flickered in concern.

“That’s fine. At least we will have a place to call home,” she replied, regaining her composure.

Suddenly, a rumble of thunder echoed in the sky. The clear weather that had been present moments before was now veiled by a thick layer of gloom, dark clouds rolling in while driven by fierce winds.

Everyone in the great hall looked up simultaneously toward the entrance, as several eavesdropping disciples had already fled, clutching their heads in fear.

“The sun has been scorching all day. Why is it suddenly raining?” Lu Fanzhi said, poking her head out the door, only to retreat in fright from a flash of lightning that split the sky.

“It’s been dry this whole year; we haven’t had any heavy rain,” Yanying commented as she hurriedly pulled Luo Ning aside. “What are you doing?”

Luo Ning dashed outside, tilting her head to gaze at the sky. Big raindrops began to pelt the ground, splashing up frothy puddles.

She turned back to Luo Jinxiao, her expression grave, an unspoken meaning simmering in her eyes.

“Since the weather is changing, let’s disperse for now. Tonight, you and Qu Weiyin should stay here for the night; don’t venture out in the rain. With such heavy rainfall, it’s unlikely anyone will bother you.”

Luo Jinxiao pondered for a moment but ultimately agreed.

The rain was not only heavy but persistent, drumming relentlessly for an entire day. By the time dusk fell, the downpour showed no signs of letting up, as if the very sky had cracked open, pouring forth torrents.

Luo Ning remained under the eaves of the Wuhui Palace, not moving an inch from the moment the rain began until evening, standing alone with her eyes fixed up at the heavens.

Her body trembled slightly.

The world before them seemed submerged in an ocean of water, vast and sprawling. The skies and earth merged under the relentless rain, as if the deluge sought to obliterate everything in its path.

Yanying had not left either; she remained shrouded in darkness, quietly watching, her gaze unwavering.

Time passed without measure, and Luo Ning reached out to steady herself against the door frame, lowering her head. At the same moment, a bolt of lightning struck directly down, illuminating the ground with a blinding flash. Yanying, seeing this, quickly rushed forward and pulled her away.

“What are you even looking at?” she said, irritated. “Do you want to get struck by lightning?”

Luo Ning didn’t argue back. She seemed somewhat unsteady, her eyes slightly closed, then reopened to reveal her clear, beautiful orbs filled with tears.

Yanying immediately panicked, no longer daring to be rude. Frantically, she tugged at her hair, unsure of what to do.

“What’s wrong? Don’t cry. Just tell me, and I’ll help you.”