Chapter 90: Marriage

Qu Weiyin paused in surprise before playfully tapping Luo Jinxiao on the forehead. “What would I want it for? It costs too much to keep! Put it away; I just wanted to give you the jade pendant.”

Luo Jinxiao shrank her neck back, then hugged Qiongqi closer. She turned to the still-sleeping creature and said, “Did you hear that? You need to eat less from now on.”

Once the rain cleared and the sky brightened, they gathered Yan Ying and Luo Ning to say their goodbyes to Hua Xianrui.

“What? You’re leaving so soon?” Hua Xianrui exclaimed, floating up into the air in surprise. “Really, you won’t stay a few more days?”

“We came specifically for the Clear Pool of Tianshan. Since it's no longer available, it’s not right for us to linger,” Qu Weiyin replied.

Hua Xianrui turned to look at Luo Jinxiao, her expression one of sorrow and reluctance.

Luo Jinxiao didn’t dare lift her head; she took a few steps back and hid behind Luo Ning.

“Alright, but you have to promise me that you’ll come back to visit,” Hua Xianrui said, waving her arms. A cascade of flower petals flew from the bracelet on her wrist.

“Definitely,” Qu Weiyin responded with a nod before turning to leave. “But not too soon.”

Luo Jinxiao and the others bowed respectfully, and Hua Xianrui regarded her with lingering affection as she said, “Don’t forget about me when you get back!”

Luo Jinxiao smiled and then followed Qu Weiyin.

Yan Ying hurried to Luo Jinxiao’s side, excitement dancing in her eyes. “What you said earlier is true, right? You really plan to marry Master Qu?”

“I admire your courage,” Yan Ying added, a tinge of envy in her tone.

“Of course,” Luo Jinxiao said, swaying her head from side to side in delight.

But as she turned, she met Luo Ning’s gaze. Luo Ning said nothing and averted her eyes.

Luo Jinxiao stepped closer to her, momentarily unsure of how to start the conversation. Ultimately, it was Luo Ning who spoke first: “Don’t worry about me, Sister. Just be happy.”

“I don’t want to interfere with any of your choices,” Luo Ning added, an inexplicable pang of emotion in her words.

As the group exited the Demon Realm and prepared to take flight on their swords, they suddenly noticed a turbulent wind stirring in the distance. Trees and flowers bent to the ground, while flashes of blades and swords danced in the air as they moved westward.

“What’s happening over there?” Luo Jinxiao instinctively drew out Wu Jue.

Qu Weiyin shielded her eyes with her hand and furrowed her brows, observing for a moment before speaking, “It’s the Death Sect. What are they doing around here?”

“Could it be that they followed us?” Yan Ying chimed in.

Qu Weiyin shook her head at that: “No, if they were tailing us, I would have sensed them. It must be something else. They seem to be hunting something.”

Luo Jinxiao had always held a negative impression of the Death Sect, so she suggested they investigate, and the others agreed.

As they drew nearer, they detected a faint demonic aura and soon saw a group of men in black attacking a shadowy figure, the sounds of clashing weapons ringing through the air.

It appeared they were trying to eliminate a demon; the demon they were pursuing looked ragged and as if it had just fled from somewhere. Its strength was ebbing away, reduced to merely dodging and fleeing.