Chapter 97: The Boudoir

Luo Jinxiao felt a wave of bittersweet emotions wash over her as Qu Weiyin spoke. She wrapped her arms around Qu Weiyin, gently stroking her dark hair.

This unexpected joy of reconnecting sent tears streaming down her face.

“It really is me. I was afraid we might never recognize each other again. If that happened, what would I do?” Luo Jinxiao said through a choked voice, enveloped by the sweet fragrance of the woman before her, as if she were surrounded by a blooming garden, making her want to consume those flowers entirely.

Qu Weiyin stayed nestled in her embrace for some time before gently tilting her head up. Her damp, soft lips brushed against Luo Jinxiao's chin and lingered near her lips.

“Even if the six realms were to fall, I would never forget my Jinxiao,” she whispered, her breath sweet like orchids, rendering Luo Jinxiao dizzy.

“I really waited a long time for you,” Qu Weiyin continued, her voice tinged with a grievance that stripped her of the imposing presence of a demon lord before her beloved.

Qu Weiyin delicately traced Luo Jinxiao's features with her fingers, and after feeling them one by one, she finally sighed in relief. Half kneeling, she lowered her head to gaze at Luo Jinxiao's face with a look of deep affection.

“You seem to have changed so much, yet remain exactly the same,” she observed, her eyes shimmering like autumn waters, filled with longing and desire. The crescent curve of her red lips descended to kiss Luo Jinxiao's eyes.

Luo Jinxiao's cheeks flushed as those tantalizing emotions swelled once more within her.

Unable to resist, she pulled Qu Weiyin tightly around the waist, causing her to straighten her back and press against Luo Jinxiao, who softly exhaled a sound of contentment.

After a moment of surprise passed, Qu Weiyin's slender fingers tucked Luo Jinxiao's disheveled hair behind her ears, feigning annoyance. “You were so fierce just now, pressing down on me hard enough to hurt. Aren’t you going to apologize?”

“Have you really gotten more feisty after three years apart?” Qu Weiyin teased lightly as she gently tapped Luo Jinxiao's shoulder.

“I’m sorry,” Luo Jinxiao murmured, her voice barely above a whisper.

Qu Weiyin was about to say something when Luo Jinxiao stepped forward, pinning her against the wall. Qu Weiyin's long eyelashes fluttered, revealing her uncertainty.

Luo Jinxiao's flustered gaze amused Qu Weiyin, who smiled indulgently and relaxed into the wall.

No matter how much she looked at Luo Jinxiao, she felt she could never get enough of her—those bright, black eyes, shining as though they carried light despite the utter darkness surrounding them. They pierced through Qu Weiyin’s heart, instantly breathing life into what had become a desolate new dwelling.

Although her smile was no longer as innocent or whimsical, to Qu Weiyin, Luo Jinxiao still appeared beautifully cold and bright.

She was Qu Weiyin's light, a strong ray of sunshine that could dispel the long stretch of darkness, rescuing her from gloom and mire.

The words of redemption seemed hard to believe, yet once they existed, Qu Weiyin found herself willingly overwhelmed by them.

Luo Jinxiao’s hot lips met Qu Weiyin's, sending a jolt like lightning through Qu Weiyin's heart. Had there not been a wall behind her, she would have already fallen back.

Luo Jinxiao’s divine power, which would normally feel like ice, was now ablaze, gradually enveloping Qu Weiyin’s limbs as if she intended to consume her whole.