Chapter 91: The Mystery

As the incense burned down, the auspicious time arrived.

Luo Jinxiao stood up and pushed the door open, swiftly running out into the courtyard. There stood Qu Weiyin, adorned for the day. Her brows were delicately drawn like willow leaves, long and slender. Her phoenix-like eyes sparkled with a hint of autumnal waters, while her red lips were shyly pressed together.

With a golden crown securing part of her hair, ribbons dangled and swayed, softly obscuring half of her face.

A sudden wave of emotion surged within Luo Jinxiao, resembling the turmoil of the sea. Unable to suppress her smile, she quickly approached.

“Jinxiao,” Qu Weiyin said softly, extending her hand to meet Luo Jinxiao’s palm. The constraints of her wedding attire made her feel a bit more restrained as she allowed Luo Jinxiao to lead her.

Suddenly, a loud crash startled Luo Jinxiao, causing her to break out in a cold sweat. Looking up, she saw Qiongqi holding a gong, with the tail of a suona clamped in its mouth while it waved a drumstick around, swaying unsteadily.

Then, joyous music rang out from seemingly nowhere, and red paper began to rain down from above. The tree demon and Xiuer emerged from the house, both clad in red garments.

Yan Ying cheerfully jumped out, calling loudly, “It’s time for the ceremony! Bow to heaven and earth!”

Feeling shy as well, Luo Jinxiao grasped Qu Weiyin's hand and turned her back to the house, bowing toward the vast azure sky before them.

May heaven and earth witness their bond, blessing their eternal love.

“For the second bow, since everyone’s not present, let the wives bow to each other!” Yan Ying shouted, her voice carrying across the lively atmosphere.

Luo Jinxiao turned around to meet Qu Weiyin's gaze. Qu Weiyin suddenly broke into a radiant smile, dazzlingly beautiful, causing the surrounding light to dim as she shone luminously in Luo Jinxiao’s view.

The two slowly bent forward, their eyes never leaving each other.

May they never part.

“Ceremony complete! Congratulations to the two of you for joining as one!”

Luo Jinxiao was nearly swept away by joy as she lifted her head, and Qu Weiyin dashed into her embrace, wrapping her arms tightly around Luo Jinxiao's waist and smiling up at her.

“I’m so happy, Jinxiao,” she said softly.

Just as Luo Jinxiao was about to respond, a sudden loud crash broke through the atmosphere. This sound was not like the previous ones; it was a deafening roar that shook the ground beneath them.

The surrounding festive atmosphere came to an abrupt halt as Qiongqi dropped the suona and let out a powerful roar.

“What’s happening?” Yan Ying asked, taken aback. She stood on her tiptoes to look into the distance, where the once tranquil forest was now engulfed in thick plumes of smoke. Through the chaos, faint cries and screams could be heard, sending chills down everyone's spines.

The source of the noise seemed to be in the Demon Realm.

“No, this is bad,” Qu Weiyin suddenly said, her form shifting into light as she flew away in a flash.

Luo Jinxiao didn’t have time to stop her; she hurriedly pressed down on the tree demon and Xiuer, who attempted to follow, and said sharply, “Stay here and don’t go anywhere; Qiongqi, we’re leaving!”

She leaped into the air, using her sword to follow closely behind Qu Weiyin. Once they flew over the small hill, chaos erupted before their eyes. The barrier that should have protected the area had been shattered, and countless small demons were fleeing in every direction. The ground was littered with bodies, creating a horrific scene.