Chapter 58: Master Uncle is Crying

Qu Chengzhou's complexion shifted from green to purple, and he remained silent, his gaze toward Qu Weiyin filled with hatred. Qu Weiyin, unwavering, met his gaze with equal intensity, their spotlight charged with an undercurrent of tension.

“Please understand, everyone, that No Regrets Mountain has more than just the No Regrets Palace. There’s another grand hall underground, known only to Qu Chengzhou,” Elder Liu declared.

“Thus, for a long time, he has been using living beings for his cultivation, resulting in a rapid increase in his power,” Elder Liu continued, now glancing at Qu Weiyin.

“Eventually, he grew dissatisfied with simple methods of cultivation and obtained some form of heretical art from somewhere, using lives as sacrifices. If the sacrifices possessed spiritual energy, his cultivation would be accelerated even further. Consequently, he began to kill fellow disciples. Now, he even wants to frame this matter on Qu Weiyin to clear himself of blame.”

“If I’m guessing correctly, he has completed the wicked art he cultivated. From today onward, he wishes to wash his hands of this dirty business. Huai Shan and Huai Yu, why did you two cooperate with him in lying?” Elder Liu's voice rose suddenly, causing Huai Shan and Huai Yu to drop to their knees in terror.

They trembled, their expressions filled with fear, and Huai Yu broke down into sobs.

“Elder Liu, we were coerced by Elder Qu! He threatened us, saying if we didn’t say this, he would take our lives. We were scared…”

“Scared? Master Uncle nearly risked her life to save you both because you were fellow disciples! And you simply throw her away because of a little fear?” Luo Jinxiao could no longer contain her anger, shouting from the side.

“Elder Qu, do you have anything more to say?” It was Qu Weiyin who spoke this time, her voice calm, though her fingertips trembled with the intensity of her hatred.

Qu Chengzhou suddenly revealed a smile, saying nothing in response.

“Is the evidence so solid that no one dares to move?” Elder Liu frowned as he looked back at the crowd, which had previously appeared righteous.

Finally, a few hesitant individuals stepped forward, surrounding and taking Qu Chengzhou away.

No one had anticipated that the renowned Qu Chengzhou in the martial world would be the prime suspect behind the consecutive disappearances within No Regrets Sect, and no one dared to think that he would actually use his own disciples as bait to cultivate heretical arts.

The news quickly spread outside the sect, with some in disbelief while others were angered, a commotion erupting among them.

Some sect leaders were outraged, while a few others took the opportunity to watch the spectacle unfold, relishing in the disgrace that had befallen the leading sect of No Regrets.

The situation would ultimately be managed by other elders, and Qu Chengzhou was soon escorted to the Lièyáng Hall, where demons and monsters were imprisoned, to await discussions among the various sects.

Although shameful family matters should not be aired publicly, it was the custom of the martial world that once demons were involved, it was essential for everyone to convene and deliberate on how to address the issue.

As Qu Chengzhou was being led out, he shot a fierce glare at Qu Weiyin before exiting with a cold smile.

Qu Weiyin seemed lost in thought, her gaze distant, and upon seeing this expression, Luo Jinxiao felt an inexplicable wave of worry wash over her.

“Master Uncle,” she called out, rushing to stand in front of her.

“Did you already know what he was doing?” Luo Jinxiao asked, gripping the hem of her clothing.