Chapter 101: Past Life

Luo Jinxiao was nearly overcome by the stench of blood that made her feel dizzy. She held her breath and formed a solid barrier while eliminating the last few wisps of demonic energy. Then she boldly stepped through the door.

Inside, the original layout was unrecognizable; it was a complete mess. Countless pages smoldered with sparks, floating in the air and falling to the ground amidst swirling white smoke.

The so-called formation diagram of the Underworld stood at the center of the hall, emitting a faint dark light and resembling a twisted painting. The images displayed upon it were warped and terrifying.

As it slowly rotated, it spewed forth a viscous mix of blood and flesh, the very source of the putrid scent they had encountered earlier.

The red figure was struck by the energy wave and stumbled backward. Luo Jinxiao reacted swiftly, stepping forward to embrace her waist and steady her.

Qu Weiyin turned to look at her, raising her hand once more, and the Remnant Moon Star Sword hummed as it rose from the ground, gradually returning to her palm.

“This thing has been nourished by blood for so long; it’s genuinely unnatural. Everything else has disappeared, but I still can't destroy the core of the formation diagram,” Qu Weiyin said, her fists clenched tightly.

Luo Jinxiao turned her attention to the formation diagram, and it appeared to squirm as if it were alive.

Their entrance had certainly caused a commotion, and it would likely attract the attention of the entire demon palace, perhaps even the entire demon realm. They didn’t have much time.

Luo Jinxiao lifted her hand to conjure a shard of ice and aimed it at the diagram. However, it felt like striking against cotton, as her divine power was absorbed and vanished without a trace.

This thing was truly bizarre.

The number of demons gathering outside the door grew rapidly, and the barrier was on the verge of collapse. The light from the formation diagram suddenly brightened, causing Luo Jinxiao to squint involuntarily. At that moment, someone flew in from outside, and a sword swiftly followed, appearing right in front of her.

With quick reflexes, Luo Jinxiao maneuvered Wujie to block the sword, sending its wielder crashing to the ground from the shock of her divine power. However, when she turned back, she was shocked to find that Qu Weiyin had vanished.

Could she have entered the formation diagram?

As the formation diagram began to return to its original state, the barrier was further breached by increasing waves of demons. Luo Jinxiao reluctantly suppressed her worries, turning back to strike, cleaving through the demons and shattering them into pieces.

As the demonic energy dissipated, a tall and slender figure appeared beneath the archway.

“It’s you.” Yougui’s anger radiated through the air, his thin lips tightly pressed together, and his gaze toward Luo Jinxiao was filled with bone-deep hatred.

“Luo Jinxiao, you dare invade my demon realm!” He was brimming with rage, his ashen, dry hand raised to form a long black blade. “I’ve searched everywhere for you, and today you’ve delivered yourself right into my hands!”

Luo Jinxiao felt a surge of fury wash over her as she looked at his defeated face, fueling her killing intent as she tightened her grip on Wujie. “You can’t destroy the formation diagram, so stop dreaming! She has become a demon lord, and only I, Yougui, am her true confidant,” he uttered, each word dripping with venom.

Luo Jinxiao spat with disdain, suddenly grinning broadly. Her visage changed momentarily before returning to its original form.

“Can you see it clearly now?” she raised an eyebrow.