Chapter 22: Save Her

The two fell silent again, and Qu Weiyin subtly slowed her pace, no longer walking with the urgency she had before.

They quickly made their way along the mountain path, finally catching sight of the grand gate made of white jade, glistening and translucent after being washed by the rain. A few disciples waited there, some holding umbrellas, while others had cast water-repelling spells. The rain fell in torrents, creating small waterfalls above their heads.

Qu Weiyin stopped in her tracks and suddenly glanced at Luo Jinxiao, her gaze drifting down to her smooth, pale calves.

“Your attire is inappropriate,” Qu Weiyin frowned, then averted her eyes.

Luo Jinxiao looked down at herself. Her skirt was loosely tied around her thighs, and the hem of her pants was rolled up like a cylinder, leaving her looking rather unkempt. She scratched her head, shook her legs a few times, and tried to straighten out her pants.

Qu Weiyin seemed to have no desire to look at her anymore, keeping her gaze fixed on the distant mountains. After a short while, the originally foggy sky cleared up, the rain gradually lessening until it finally stopped.

As the heavy rain ceased, a rainbow appeared in the sky, arching like a colorful ribbon that crossed over the mountains in front of them, its destination unknown.

“Did you bring Qiongqi?” Qu Weiyin asked.

“Of course I did! It’s the perfect time for it to breathe in some fresh air,” Luo Jinxiao replied, pulling out a small tiger that was about the length of her arm from a pouch at her waist, cradling it as one would a large cat.

Qu Weiyin's expression nearly faltered at the sight.

After seemingly struggling with herself for quite a while, she finally spoke, “You kept it in your pouch?”

“Yes! There’s plenty of space in here, and it’s super convenient. I even threw in a quilt for it to sleep under,” Luo Jinxiao said with a laugh, reaching out to stroke Qiongqi’s fur. “Isn’t that right, Little Sweet?”

Qiongqi let out a soft “Aow!” as it raised its fluffy head.

“I found out a few days ago that it can shrink and transform! Right now, it just folded its wings and turned into a little tiger, but later, it can transform into a small cat. It will be so cute when I take it out!” Luo Jinxiao spoke excitedly, rubbing the fur with increasing frequency as Qiongqi purred contentedly.

Qu Weiyin could barely contain her frustration, her fists tightening as she gritted her teeth. “Luo Jinxiao, it's a fierce beast, not a pet!”

Luo Jinxiao jumped back in surprise, taken aback by her tone.

“If you want it to assist you in the future, you must train it like a spiritual beast, not treat it like a household pet.”

After saying this, Qu Weiyin let out a sigh, her demeanor softening. “Never mind; you’ll understand in due time.”

Shaking her head, Qu Weiyin turned to walk away. At that moment, Chang Siyu also arrived, quickly rushing a few steps to catch up with her, and the two of them continued on together.

“Did you hear that? You're a fierce beast,” Luo Jinxiao said, standing in place as she poked Qiongqi playfully.

Soon, everyone gathered to ensure safety. Qu Weiyin, Chang Siyu, and their master, Guijiu, accompanied them just in case. Chang Siyu blew a whistle, summoning a large gray Qilin, its body massive and its wings spreading wide like the canopy of a tree.

Everyone leaped onto the Qilin, with Luo Jinxiao and Lu Fanzhi standing at the back. She turned her head to see Qu Weiyin flying ahead on her sword, the striking crimson blade catching the eye. Qu Weiyin's long hair flowed gracefully behind her, half of it dancing in the wind, while her snow-white robes fluttered gently, producing a rustling sound.