Chapter 60: The One I Love

“Master Uncle, what are you doing? Let me go!” Luo Jinxiao struggled within the barrier, but the golden spiritual energy acted like a solid viscous membrane; not only could she not break free, but it also muffled all external sounds.

Panic surged within her like wildfire. Despite her attempts to use the divine sword, she couldn't break through the barrier that Qu Weiyin had set up.

It felt as if she had suddenly lost her hearing—she could only see the flickering lights around her, but the sounds were muffled and indistinct.

Qu Chengzhou grew increasingly agitated, launching deadly strikes, while Qu Weiyin appeared to be at a disadvantage, retreating step by step. At that moment, several figures surged forward from the surrounding chaos, positioning themselves beside Qu Weiyin; they were evidently leaders of other sects.

Luo Jinxiao could only clearly recognize the leader of the Baiyue Sect; the others were strangers to her.

Veins bulged on Qu Chengzhou’s forehead as he prepared to leap into the air. The dark energy coalesced into a massive blade that came crashing down. At that moment, the sky changed ominously, pulling in gigantic winds that sent the people facing him reeling backward, including Qu Weiyin.

“Qu family head, he’s too strong! You’ve sustained this for long enough, and you’re at your limit now. It would be wise to retreat and rest!” the leader of the Baiyue Sect shouted amidst the storm and malevolent aura.

Qu Weiyin remained silent, simply shaking her head slightly. With her feet firmly planted, she began murmuring incantations beneath her breath.

Gradually, threads of black energy began to emanate from her, intertwining with the fire and lightning swirling around her.

As fear gripped Luo Jinxiao’s heart, she desperately pounded against the barrier, feeling utterly helpless, longing to fight alongside Qu Weiyin.

Qu Chengzhou was not idle either, letting out three howls. From behind him leaped several figures, whether demons or monsters, all wrapped in swirling black mist, further dividing the group. Those who rushed to help soon found themselves outmatched; some were devoured by the demonic energy and fell to their knees.

Luo Jinxiao could only watch helplessly, feeling as if her heart was being seared. She pounded and tore at the barrier, but it was futile; her own voice echoed back to her, mocking her desperation.

In that moment, she frantically wished she had stronger cultivation. The sense of helplessness felt like a deep abyss, trapping her within. “Master Uncle…” Her cries turned to murmurs, and the wound on her tongue seemed to ooze fresh blood, the metallic taste flooding her mouth and triggering a gag reflex.

The demonic energy surrounding Qu Weiyin grew even more intense. When she lifted her gaze once more, her pupils were a blazing red, her lips stained crimson, and her skirt billowed like a blooming hibiscus flower caught in a storm.

Luo Jinxiao suddenly recalled the last time she had seen Qu Weiyin in her previous life—this was the very visage she remembered, wild and unrestrained, looking down upon the world.

Qu Weiyin turned abruptly, locking eyes with her. A faint smile graced her lips, and she uttered something that Luo Jinxiao could not quite hear.

It was as if everything around her slowed down. When Qu Weiyin looked away again, the transparent barrier before Luo Jinxiao suddenly shimmered with gold, obscuring her vision entirely.

Fear enveloped her like a tight shroud, making her feel as though she might drown in this confining space. She shouted until her throat was hoarse, but the spiritual energy filled the small barrier, and even as she exhausted herself, she couldn’t break through even a small opening.