Chapter 2: Help Me ✨

Qu Weiyin's expression was one of confusion, as if she had never expected Luo Jinxiao to act this way. But once she registered what had happened, her face flushed with anger as she shook Luo Jinxiao's hand off and frowned. "What did you just do?"

Even though Qu Weiyin had just woken up and still looked quite weak, her casual words sent chills down Luo Jinxiao's spine.

Just meeting her gaze made Luo Jinxiao's back break into a sweat. She quickly stepped back, confessing honestly, “I removed the curse for you.”

Qu Weiyin's face turned even redder; she seemed a bit shy but was mostly filled with rage. She raised her hand again and declared, “Then I still can’t let you go this time.”

“Wait!” Luo Jinxiao flipped off the bed in a hurry. Realizing that Qu Weiyin had misunderstood, she quickly explained, “I didn’t do anything to you; I just used a method to break the curse!”

Qu Weiyin let out a cold laugh, appearing impatient. She lifted her narrowed phoenix eyes to scan the surroundings, her gaze deep and unreadable.

Taking advantage of the moment before Qu Weiyin made her move, Luo Jinxiao widened her eyes and forced out some tears, pleading earnestly, “You have to believe me; I just wanted to save you!”

Upon hearing this, Qu Weiyin lowered her gaze to look at her again, her expression rife with disdain. “You want to save me?”

“Currently, there’s no other way to resolve the seductive curse except through that filthy act. Even if there were, how would you know?”

She clearly didn’t want to hear any more from Luo Jinxiao. A flicker of light suddenly expanded in her hand. Luo Jinxiao’s pupils constricted, and before she could say anything more, she hurriedly dove to the side.

At that moment, a sudden commotion erupted at the door, and the previously solid seal vanished in an instant. Before Luo Jinxiao could dodge Qu Weiyin’s strike, she was suddenly met with a blazing stream of light. Unable to hold back, she instinctively screamed, “Mom!”

Fortunately, although she had lost her celestial vein, her agility remained intact. She immediately threw herself to the ground as the two streams of energy collided overhead with a loud explosion, creating a cacophony of cracking sounds. Everything fragile in the room shattered and fell to the ground in pieces.

Covering her head, Luo Jinxiao lay on the floor, groaning as she quickly checked her arms and legs, finally feeling a sense of relief.

Peeking over her arms, she saw that Qu Weiyin seemed to have anticipated this; there was no sign of surprise on her face. Her expression remained unchanged as she simply adjusted her collar to cover the revealing expanse of her chest.

The newcomer had their face covered, but based on that previous powerful blow, it was evident they were skilled. As if ignoring Luo Jinxiao completely, he stepped over her head and walked straight towards Qu Weiyin.

Luo Jinxiao chose not to dwell on the humiliation of being stepped over. Still holding her head, she wanted nothing more than to disguise herself as a fallen piece of gold silk nanmu wood.

Luo Jinxiao chose not to dwell on the humiliation of being stepped over. Still covering her head, she wanted nothing more than to disguise herself as a fallen piece of gold silk nanmu wood.

Qu Weiyin remained motionless, quietly leaning against the bed, her demeanor lazy and indifferent. Her previously faded eyes had now returned to their original state.

“With your current strength, it’s best not to resist,” the newcomer suddenly spoke, his tone very familiar, as if he had known her for a long time.