Chapter 1: The Night of the Union✨

Luo Jinxiao was dead.

When the dazzling fireball crashed toward her, Luo Jinxiao fully realized the truth behind the legends: Qu Weiyin, the demon lord, was indeed ruthless and unmatched.

This epic battle between immortals and demons, which shook the nine regions and four seas, began with grandeur and ended in rivers of blood.

Lying on the fragrant, soft grass, Luo Jinxiao felt little fear—only a deep sense of unwillingness.

As a young successor entrusted with her family's hopes, she had devoted over a decade to her cultivation. Just as she was acknowledged as a genius and accepted into the prestigious Wuhui Sect, she inadvertently found herself on a battlefield, facing Qu Weiyin directly.

The demon lord, surrounded by attackers, fell before her in a bloody, fierce state, reminiscent of a blooming hibiscus. Amidst layers of light and shadow that seemed to emerge from nowhere, she collapsed barefoot, her skirt failing to conceal her slender, flawless ankles.

Slowly, she lifted her head to meet Luo Jinxiao's gaze. The hideous scar on her face appeared to burn, yet her eyes shone with fierce resolution, making her stunningly beautiful still.

This was the last scene Luo Jinxiao witnessed in her lifetime.

Bathed in the soft glow of a rosy chamber, with small xylophone windows and red paper fruits scattered across the sill, the atmosphere exuded a sense of exquisite festivity.

"Hiss..." Luo Jinxiao inhaled sharply, struggling to open her heavy eyelids. She blinked, feeling disoriented.

Could it be that she wasn't dead? That shouldn't be possible.

As she opened her eyes to gaze at the gauzy canopy above her, she slowly turned her head. The bed beneath her was soft and fragrant, and everywhere she looked, vibrant red hues radiated an atmosphere of joy.

Where was this?

Luo Jinxiao propped herself up on the bed and cautiously surveyed her surroundings. It was peaceful, but when her gaze fell upon the figure beside her, she suddenly jolted back, nearly toppling off the edge of the bed.

Next to her lay a person-more precisely, a stunning beauty.

The beauty seemed disturbed by Luo Jinxiao's movements, murmuring softly and furrowing her brows, clearly uneasy.

Luo Jinxiao steadied herself, took a deep breath, and pressed her hand against her chest, forcing herself to calm down. No matter where she was, at least for now, she was safe.

"Don't panic, don't panic..." Luo Jinxiao silently repeated, leaning closer to the beauty in an attempt to get a clearer look at her face.

The beauty was indeed breathtaking, with glossy red lips, skin as smooth as jade, and neatly arranged dark hair adorned with hairpins and delicate flower ornaments. Dressed in a red gown, she looked every bit like a bride.

Luo Jinxiao instinctively looked down at herself, and an icy chill ran down her spine. She was also dressed in red. Given the situation, could it be... a wedding?

Luo Jinxiao raised her hand and slapped herself, the sudden pain causing her eyes to twitch. It appeared she was not dreaming; but if this wasn't a dream, how could a virtuous woman, raised in the principles of chastity and simplicity, find herself married-especially to another woman?

The beauty seemed stirred once more; she moved slightly, her delicate hand clutching Luo Jinxiao's clothes tightly, as if in distress. Her expression grew even more pained, as though she were suffering some torment.