Chapter 52: A Big Misunderstanding

Qu Weiyin pressed her lips tightly together, her gaze darting away.

Luo Jinxiao was torn between anger and pain. From her perspective, she could see the turmoil of demonic energy swirling and colliding within Qu Weiyin, and that her celestial veins were being subtly consumed. The fact that Qu Weiyin had managed to endure without saying a word until now only deepened Luo Jinxiao’s frustration.

“Let go,” Qu Weiyin said, taking advantage of Luo Jinxiao’s surprise to break free from her grasp. She stood up and turned her back to her, adding, “It's just some demonic energy. I’ll handle it myself.”

“But you just recently struggled to even control your sword!” Luo Jinxiao exclaimed, her eyes reddening as a wave of sour emotion surged in her heart.

The frustration was palpable too. She didn’t even know what she was mad about: whether it was Qu Weiyin’s reckless disregard for her own well-being or her tendency to keep everything hidden from Luo Jinxiao.

When Qu Weiyin turned back, she happened to see two clear tears sliding down Luo Jinxiao’s cheeks, falling to the floor with a light *plop.* Though the droplets were small, the sound echoed in Qu Weiyin's heart like a thunderous crash.

Qu Weiyin’s delicate brows furrowed slightly, and she sighed with resignation.

“I’m really fine,” she said, shaking her head as she slowly approached Luo Jinxiao. Seeing her eyes reddened from crying, Qu Weiyin couldn’t help but feel an urge to smile.

She rarely softened her tone, now trying her best to appear gentle.

“I already have some demonic energy lingering in me; it’s nothing serious. Moreover, that person’s malevolent technique has the ability to consume celestial veins. It can’t just be forced out, it can only be absorbed. It’s fine for me, but you’re not strong enough for this.”

“Enough with the childish antics; go rest up. We have important matters to attend to tomorrow.” Qu Weiyin reached out to grasp Luo Jinxiao’s arm, but Luo Jinxiao countered by holding onto her wrist.

Qu Weiyin was taken aback and looked up at her.

“Master Uncle, let me heal you,” Luo Jinxiao said, sniffing as her nose turned red.

“No need,” Qu Weiyin replied just as Luo Jinxiao grabbed and pulled her back onto the bed. Qu Weiyin stumbled slightly but managed to sit down with her hands propping her up, narrowly avoiding collapsing backward.

“Luo Jinxiao!” Qu Weiyin frowned, her eyes filled with reproach.

“Right now, you can’t even beat me,” Luo Jinxiao muttered under her breath, irritation in her tone.

Hearing this, Qu Weiyin, annoyed, raised her delicate fingers as if about to truly strike her. To her surprise, Luo Jinxiao didn’t even flinch but instead leaned in closer.

“Go ahead and hit me if you want, Master Uncle. Anyway, I won’t leave until you’re healed today,” Luo Jinxiao said, lowering her head.

Qu Weiyin paused for a moment, then slowly lowered her hand. Her gaze softened considerably, perhaps due to her weakness; her usual sharp demeanor had entirely dissipated.

In a gentle gesture, she reached out and wiped away the tear that had slipped down Luo Jinxiao's chin.

“Why are you crying so easily at this age?” Qu Weiyin shook her head.

Then, with a hint of self-mockery, she added, “But you’re only in your teenage years; you really are still quite young.”

Luo Jinxiao lifted her skirt and sat at the head of the bed, using her spiritual energy to mend Qu Weiyin's damaged celestial veins. The two of them fell into a comfortable silence, but Qu Weiyin’s brows were tightly knit, and her palms clenched into fists as she attempted to endure the discomfort.