Chapter 26: A Vow

After returning to the No Regrets Sect from the Celestial Realm, life returned to its calm and normal state. Just as Qu Weiyin had advised, Luo Jinxiao did not mention the sword she possessed to anyone. The divine sword appeared unremarkable, and thus it attracted no attention.

Only Elder Liu noticed it once and, despite a slight change in his expression, did not inquire further.

The disciple named Wei Ziran, however, seemed to have vanished without a trace, as if he had never existed. For quite a while, everyone lived in apprehension, with some even claiming he had died in the Celestial Realm. A few elders sent people to search for him, but they met with no success.

Only Luo Jinxiao understood the truth—the disciple had indeed disappeared from the No Regrets Sect.

Qu Weiyin had not been seen for several days, causing Luo Jinxiao to worry. She specifically asked Lu Fanzhi to inquire with her master, Gui Jiu. The response she received was that Master Qu had entered seclusion for cultivation since returning from the Celestial Realm and likely wouldn’t appear for a while.

Upon hearing this news, Luo Jinxiao breathed a sigh of relief while also feeling a touch of melancholy. She couldn’t shake the feeling that Qu Weiyin's current seclusion was tied to the illusion she had seen.

Could it be that she was truly angered to the point of retreating like this? Each time Luo Jinxiao thought about it, her heart filled with guilt. She worried Qu Weiyin had misunderstood something and thought it best to wait for an opportunity to explain herself and express her apologies.

However, finding a way to apologize to a demoness was indeed challenging. Luo Jinxiao pondered for a long time, realizing she didn't have anything suitable to offer as a token of goodwill. Suddenly, she had an idea and pulled over the sleepy Qiongqi at her side.

“Sweetie, I’m counting on you this time,” Luo Jinxiao said, kneeling on the ground, reaching out a hand, trying to shake claws with the Qiongqi.

The Qiongqi retracted its head, ignoring her entirely.

“Just bear with it; the demoness likes you. Don’t be deceived by her fierce demeanor; she’s actually quite easy to coax. If you just act a little cutesy, she surely won’t stay angry,” Luo Jinxiao said earnestly. “Although I didn’t mean any harm, this time, I truly feel guilty toward her. As practitioners of the righteous path, we must be upright and cannot let misunderstandings linger.”

Hearing this, the Qiongqi opened its mouth, revealing its sharp fangs.

“Oh, you’re not a practitioner of the righteous path; you’re a fierce beast,” Luo Jinxiao replied awkwardly, patting her face. “Just help me this time; I’m counting on you!”

She held up two fingers.

The Qiongqi still snarled, showing its teeth.

“Ten heads, and that’s my final offer,” Luo Jinxiao said through clenched teeth.

Only then did the Qiongqi finally retract its fangs and extend its paw, indicating a deal had been struck.

---

Meanwhile, in the Han Yun Pavilion.

The fragrant incense spiraled through the air, dissipating as it was swept by the breeze streaming in from the window, mingling with the sheer curtains. The coldness of the white jade permeated the room, filling it with an icy atmosphere.

Qu Weiyin sat at a desk, a book laid open before her, its pages fluttering wildly in the breeze, uncertain of where they would settle.

As the wind tousled her loose hair, her phoenix eyes stared blankly ahead, projecting a sense of tranquility.