Chapter 50: Jealousy

Fortunately, although she had been injured by the demonic energy, her wounds were not severe, and she did not remain unconscious for long.

When she opened her eyes again, the wind and sand had ceased. She found herself lying under a large rock, with a coat draped over her. The surroundings were silent. Qiongqi, in her small tiger form, lay next to her, nuzzling against her neck and making soft sounds when she noticed Luo Jinxiao waking.

“Little Sweet,” she called out, but her voice was hoarse, prompting her to turn her head and cough a few times.

It seemed to be a peaceful place. Surrounding her were tall stone pillars that reached upward, stretching far beyond her line of sight. Lying beneath one of these pillars was indeed an excellent hiding spot.

Qu Weiyin was sitting beside her, one hand on her forehead and her elbow resting on a rock, seemingly asleep.

Usually so neat and composed, she now appeared somewhat disheveled and worse for wear, with loose strands of hair dangling across her brow, obscuring her eyes. Her full lips looked like ripe fruit, marred by a cut from which dried blood formed scabs.

Looking at her thin, flowing clothing, Luo Jinxiao suddenly realized that the coat draped over her was Qu Weiyin's.

Earlier, it seemed like she had been struck by demonic energy, but now she felt no unusual sensations and was full of strength. Could it be that Qu Weiyin had helped her heal? However, Qu Weiyin's spiritual energy was known to have no effect on her, and it would only disrupt her spiritual veins.

Could it be that this demonic energy was digesting itself? Luo Jinxiao pondered, utterly perplexed.

She reached out to pat Qiongqi’s head and whispered, “Did you find this place?”

Qiongqi vigorously nodded her fluffy head, then grabbed onto the sleeve of Luo Jinxiao's clothing, leading her gaze to the side. There, she spotted two figures lying on the ground—one male and one female—both unconscious, but their rising and falling chests indicated they were still alive.

Finally, this trip hadn't been in vain. Luo Jinxiao let out a sigh of relief and rewarded Qiongqi with a pat on the back. “When we get back, I’ll make sure Master Uncle feeds you a few cows.”

Upon hearing the promise of cows, Qiongqi became incredibly excited and lunged at Luo Jinxiao, aiming to lick her face.

Luo Jinxiao quickly pressed a hand against Qiongqi’s mouth to hold her off, then pushed herself up from the ground. Her legs felt a bit sore and numb, but she limped over to Qu Weiyin's side and crouched down.

Qu Weiyin was deeply asleep, her breathing somewhat labored, with her brows furrowed, looking both solid and uncomfortable.

Seeing her like this made Luo Jinxiao's heart ache, as if it had been tightly squeezed, causing her a faint pain. She hurriedly draped the coat over Qu Weiyin and noticed her hair was too messy, so she reached out to tidy it.

As she tucked the strands behind Qu Weiyin's ear, her delicate features were fully revealed, intricate as a painting, evoking a sense of pity.

Perhaps it was only Luo Jinxiao who felt this compassion, she thought absentmindedly.

Feeling the weight of Luo Jinxiao’s gaze, Qu Weiyin's eyelids fluttered slightly, and she awoke.

The two of them suddenly locked eyes, their cheeks flushing a deep shade. Qu Weiyin, just waking up, turned away hurriedly, saying in a low voice, “What are you doing?”

“Nothing,” Luo Jinxiao blurted out, quickly retreating. “I was afraid you were cold, so I wrapped you in the coat.”

Qu Weiyin's bright eyes fell low as she looked at her hands, and she responded with a soft, “Mm.”