Chapter 98: Stay with Me

As the footsteps outside grew fainter, Qu Weiyin let out a light huff. “I suppose it won’t be long before word spreads that I’ve been keeping someone in my quarters.”

Luo Jinxiao remained nestled in her embrace, unwilling to move. “That’s perfect; it saves you from having that useless disciple of yours daydreaming about you all the time.”

Qu Weiyin lowered her gaze to Luo Jinxiao and playfully flicked her forehead. “She’s being kept around as a spy by Yougui.”

“But I can tell she definitely has ulterior motives,” Luo Jinxiao grumbled, sitting up.

Qu Weiyin couldn't help but smile at the unabashed jealousy on her face, the corners of her lips curling up slightly.

“I can take you away. I can really protect you now,” Luo Jinxiao suddenly declared, grabbing Qu Weiyin’s hand with hopeful eyes.

“But what if they try to punish me once I leave the demon realm?” Qu Weiyin asked with a teasing smile.

“No one can bully you!” Luo Jinxiao said firmly. “No matter why they want to, if they think they can touch you, they’ll have to get through me first.”

Qu Weiyin's gaze sparkled in the candlelight, her laughter turning playful as she teased, “How childish.”

“Once we destroy the formation diagram of the Underworld, I’ll leave with you,” Qu Weiyin said.

Seeing Luo Jinxiao grinning widely, Qu Weiyin shook her head and pinched her nose, whispering a warning, “But you must not let me down—I can’t afford to be discovered. Otherwise, everything I worked for these past three years will go to waste.”

Luo Jinxiao quickly nodded in agreement.

The two continued to chat and laugh in the room for a long time until someone summoned them, saying there was a situation at the entrance to the demon realm that required the demon lord’s attention.

Qu Weiyin suppressed her smile, exchanging a glance with Luo Jinxiao before getting up and striding toward the door.

Luo Jinxiao followed closely behind her.

The two of them made their way to the grand hall where the stone table was set up. Yougui was already waiting there. Upon seeing Qu Weiyin, his expression brightened for a moment, but it quickly clouded over when he spotted Luo Jinxiao.

Feeling Yougui's gaze, Luo Jinxiao rolled her eyes and took a few steps forward to wrap her hands around Qu Weiyin's.

Qu Weiyin returned the gesture, her face calm and relaxed. She approached the stone table, tossed her outer robe behind her, and slowly took a seat.

Her phoenix eyes swept over Yougui, who was clenching his fists tightly, and she asked coldly, “What’s so urgent that you needed to call me here?”

Luo Jinxiao stood beside Qu Weiyin, feeling exceptionally refreshed, especially as she noticed the pale green tinge on Yougui's face, which brought her comfort.

She bent down to pick a bunch of plump, round grapes from the table, peeling them for Qu Weiyin to enjoy.

“Demon lord, the reason we called for you urgently is that recently, many celestial beings have gathered at the entrance to the demon realm. They seem to be conspiring, and we must be cautious,” Yougui explained.

Qu Weiyin bit into the grape that Luo Jinxiao had peeled and swallowed it before meeting Yougui’s gaze. “Then have the entrance well guarded.”

“I believe that with the celestial realm weakened, we should take action. This is the perfect opportunity to eliminate them completely, isn’t it?” Yougui replied, his teeth clenched, his eyes filled with malice.