Chapter 106: Infatuation

Qu Weiyin pushed herself up and gently patted the still-complaining Luo Jinxiao.

“Stop pretending.”

Only then did Luo Jinxiao cease her moaning, relaxing her arms and lying flat on her back in the midst of the flowers. From this angle, the sky appeared a vibrant blue, vast and clear.

A few large birds flapped their wings and soared overhead, their calls echoing through the air.

The surroundings were tranquil and serene, with only a few butterflies flitting nearby, occasionally landing on the delicate petals to sip nectar. The sweet fragrance of the flowers mingled with the scent of Qu Weiyin, filling the heart with a sense of calm contentment.

Suddenly, Luo Jinxiao raised her hand and placed it in Qu Weiyin’s hair, saying, “Let’s go back to the heavenly realm; there’s no one to disturb us there, just the two of us.”

“Sure, I’ll go anywhere,” Qu Weiyin replied. “I’m a bit tired; I don’t want to deal with anything, just want to be with you.”

She rolled off Luo Jinxiao and lay down beside her, with the flower branches towering high, concealing their figures beneath the blooms.

It felt as if time in the world had come to a standstill, their hands tightly intertwined, holding onto each other firmly.

“Life is truly unpredictable,” Luo Jinxiao suddenly remarked out of the blue.

“What do you mean?” Qu Weiyin turned her head to look at her.

“I would never have dared to imagine this before; the illustrious Qu Weiyin, whose name I had only heard spoken, actually came to like me.” Luo Jinxiao chuckled, her expression whimsical.

Qu Weiyin raised an eyebrow in surprise, the corners of her lips curving into a smile.

“What? You’re not happy about it?”

“Of course I’m happy! Even if we argue, I still feel glad,” Luo Jinxiao said with a smirk. Suddenly, she flipped over and propped herself up, leaning over to gaze down at Qu Weiyin.

No matter when she looked at her, Qu Weiyin’s beauty always left Luo Jinxiao breathless.

“So, does this mean you want to continue arguing with me?” Qu Weiyin teased, her phoenix-like eyes slightly raised in playful provocation, exuding a charm that was both adorable and affectionate.

Luo Jinxiao found her heart racing as she watched Qu Weiyin. Without thinking, she picked a flower from nearby and waved it in front of Qu Weiyin's face.

“This flower has nectar in it; do you want to give it a try?” Luo Jinxiao asked with a smile, two dimples forming on her cheeks that were just as round as the flower itself.

“A flower this small wouldn’t have any nectar,” Qu Weiyin replied skeptically, shaking her head.

Luo Jinxiao winked at her and feigned a bite at the flower's stamen, then suddenly bent down and captured Qu Weiyin's full lips between her own.

Qu Weiyin let out a soft gasp, gripping Luo Jinxiao’s sleeve tightly. Luo Jinxiao’s kiss was forceful, almost as if it were a punishment, and as she deepened the kiss, the sweetness of the nectar engulfed them, stealing Qu Weiyin's breath away. “Mmm…”

At first, Qu Weiyin struggled, but the pressure became too much, and after experiencing a twinge of pain, she surrendered, allowing Luo Jinxiao to have her way.

When Luo Jinxiao finally pulled back, Qu Weiyin turned to the side and gasped for air, touching her slightly bruised lips and scolding Luo Jinxiao with a reproachful look.