Chapter 80: Looking for Me

Qu Weiyin set down her tea cup, suddenly feeling her heart pounding like a drum. No matter how hard she tried, she couldn’t calm down, and an intense anger surged within her, mixing with her distress.

“Has she gone mad?” Qu Weiyin said sharply. She feared she might be misunderstanding the situation, wanting to ask Qiongqi for clarification. But looking at Qiongqi's innocent expression, solely focused on food, she hesitated and couldn’t bring herself to ask.

“Wait here for a moment; I need to go rest,” Qu Weiyin managed to say as she tried to maintain a façade of normalcy. She got up and stepped into the inner room, taking a seat on the bed.

The bed was tidy and clean, and it still seemed to hold the lingering scent of Luo Jinxiao.

Qu Weiyin sat there in a daze for a while. She couldn’t believe that just yesterday, Luo Jinxiao had shared those intimate words with her, and now she had gone off to practice dual cultivation with someone else.

Moreover, dual cultivation was strictly forbidden in Wuhui Sect.

But if the partner was the Sect Master, the rules became irrelevant.

Did Luo Jinxiao really have the guts to do this? Surely, she wouldn’t be foolish enough to…

Qu Weiyin clenched the bed frame beneath her. For a moment, she couldn’t even determine whether Luo Jinxiao was truly capable of such foolishness.

“I must be losing my mind,” Qu Weiyin thought to herself.

Could it be that Luo Jinxiao would wake up from her drunk stupor and regret it all?

Qu Weiyin sat there, feeling increasingly restless. She didn’t want to practice any further and couldn’t focus on anything else; Luo Jinxiao’s face kept flashing in her mind, refusing to fade away.

"I need to go check on her," Qu Weiyin muttered to herself. "What if that girl has been deceived? What will I do then?" With that thought, she quickly walked out of the room, her figure transforming into a streak of golden light as she vanished.

Meanwhile, Qiongqi twisted around, watching Qu Weiyin rush away, his face scrunching up in frustration. It looked like the food he had been eyeing just flew away.

His stomach growled, and unable to eat humans and feeling annoyed, he strolled outside again, pondering what he could find to eat in the mountains.

Along the way, many disciples found him adorable and smiled enthusiastically at him, reaching out to pat his head. To Qiongqi, however, these people looked like meat ready for dinner, and the aroma making his mouth water.

But if he were to eat them, would his owner get angry?

Thus, Qiongqi wandered around in turmoil between the thoughts of eating or not eating humans, getting increasingly dizzy from hunger. Just then, a delicate white hand suddenly appeared in front of him. He opened his mouth wide and bit down hard.

The owner of the hand let out a sharp scream, quickly retracting her hand to hug it close to her chest, angrily exclaiming, “Are you trying to eat me? Bite so hard!”

It was Tang Lan'er. She covered her hand—which had never been exposed to hardship—tears brimming in her eyes from the pain.

“Aren't you that little girl who’s always beside Luo Jinxiao? What happened? Did she leave you behind?” Tang Lan'er asked, her irritation evident as she recalled the sight of Luo Jinxiao kissing Qu Weiyin.

“So hungry,” Qiongqi replied, his round eyes drooping, looking as pitiful as ever.

“Just deal with it,” Tang Lan'er said, turning away and leaving.