Chapter 57: Unmasking

Startled by the sudden inquiry, Lord Tang paused for a moment before waving his hand to summon someone.

Before long, Tang Lan'er entered the grand hall, dressed in a bright peach-colored outfit. At that moment, she exuded the aura of a junior sect leader, her expression solemn. She brushed back a few strands of hair from her forehead and locked eyes with Luo Jinxiao.

Luo Jinxiao felt a surge of delight. Whether Tang Lan'er showed up or not didn't truly matter to her, but since she was here, the situation became much more interesting.

“When you rescued Huai Shan and Huai Yu that day, you were present, weren’t you, Young Master? Could you tell us, did you see any demonic energy emanating from my Master Uncle?” Luo Jinxiao asked.

Tang Lan'er shifted her gaze, quickly understanding the implication of Luo Jinxiao's invitation. She shot a sharp glance at Luo Jinxiao but nevertheless answered in a loud voice, “I did not.”

Upon hearing this, the silent onlookers began exchanging looks of surprise.

“Then, when the two of you were captured by the demon race, were you both awake?” Luo Jinxiao pressed further.

At this, Tang Lan'er laughed dismissively, turning her gaze to Huai Shan and Huai Yu. “Awake? They both nearly perished in that tower. It was I who saved their lives; there was no question of being ‘awake.’”

At her words, panic flickered in Huai Shan and Huai Yu's eyes. They quickly turned to Qu Chengzhou, pleading, “Elder Qu, what we said is the absolute truth!”

The situation grew increasingly perplexing. The sect leaders who had originally believed Huai Shan and Huai Yu began to murmur among themselves.

Qu Chengzhou's expression darkened further, his gaze turning fierce as he fixated on Luo Jinxiao.

“However, to settle this matter, Qu family head, we implore you to allow us to examine whether there is any demonic energy on you. This would resolve everything. We have come from so far away; we wouldn’t want to cause anyone embarrassment,” the leader of the Life and Death Sect said with a feigned benevolence.

“Embarrassment?” Luo Jinxiao remained firmly positioned in front of Qu Weiyin, ignoring Qu Weiyin's eyes as her own gaze shifted to Qu Chengzhou.

“Then let me show everyone what true embarrassment looks like.”

“Luo Jinxiao, what are you doing?” Qu Chengzhou finally spoke up.

“I’m not doing anything; I just want to show everyone something,” Luo Jinxiao replied with a playful smile. With a snap of her fingers, a small talisman materialized at her fingertips.

“What is that? It looks unfamiliar,” someone in the crowd queried.

“This? I developed it in a dream,” Luo Jinxiao said as the talisman suddenly erupted with a brilliant golden light, casting a soft glow that illuminated the top of the grand hall.

Within the soft light, droplets of water vapor began to appear, coalescing into a shape until it gradually formed a magnificent palace adorned with brilliance, at its center resting a gilded throne.

Qu Chengzhou's pupils narrowed instantaneously. He stepped forward, reaching out to stop Luo Jinxiao, but was forcibly pushed back by Qu Weiyin's raised hand.

Qu Weiyin's expression mirrored his shock; her gaze was fixed on Luo Jinxiao's profile, a whirlpool of emotions swirling in her eyes.

The discussions within No Regrets Palace grew louder, and the disciples outside strained to get a glimpse of the unfolding scene.