Chapter 37: Junior Master Qu

Luo Jinxiu winced in pain and almost jumped up. She quickly grabbed the poor creature's tail and said with a frown, "Sweetie!"

The standoff was interrupted by the appearance of a new figure in front of them. She was walking unsteadily, her sleeves stained with blood that continued to drip slowly. Seeing this, Luo Jinxiu rushed to her aid and held out his hand to help the newcomer.

The person raised her eyes and relaxed when she recognized Luo Jinxiu. She then fell to her knees in relief.

Luo Jinxiu knelt down and gently brushed aside the blood-stained hair. To her surprise, it was Chi Yi who had suffered severe injuries. Her beautiful face was now grimacing in pain.

"Luo Xiaoxian, the third gate was destroyed by a group of people. They teamed up and secretly attacked, injuring our fellow practitioners in the process. Some of them are at the Yuanying level, and we are no match for them. They injured several of our practitioners. Since you are alone, it's best to hide and not go any further. Wait for someone to get the elixir, and they will release everyone held here," Chi Yi said through gritted teeth as she applied self-healing techniques.

"Who are they?" Luo Jinxiu asked while tending to Chi Yi's injuries. Her spiritual power was more effective than others, and soon Chi Yi's pale complexion began to recover.

"They are from the Life and Death Sect," Chi Yi said with resentment. "They falsely claim to be a respectable sect, yet they resort to such despicable means. The Assembly of the Ten Directions has not yet reached its final stage, and they should not have attacked and caused harm within it. They took advantage of their higher level of cultivation, destroyed the third gate, and ambushed us here, waiting for an opportunity to harm others. It's despicable!"

Faced with the difficulty of dealing with several Yuanying level cultivators, Luo Jinxiu clenched her fists and felt a moment of emptiness in her mind.

"They are coming," Chi Yi pushed Luo Jinxiu aside and conjured a dark bow. She wiped the blood from her mouth and looked determined. "Luo Xiaoxian, I cannot determine your cultivation level, but considering your age, you might have trouble resisting them. You should leave."

"I witnessed your kindness and courage that day and considered you a friend. Today, injured as I am, I'd rather confront them as they have wronged my sect brothers and me," Chi Yi declared fiercely, her black robe billowing behind her.

As Luo Jinxiu listened, she felt a surge of emotion. Before she could speak, a burst of energy erupted in front of her, and several robes filled the air before transforming into three young men, each of them exuding a sinister aura. They were tall and well-built, with sharp features and narrow eyes.

The tallest one, who looked the most authoritative, wielded a long spear that emitted black smoke. He didn't spare any words and immediately launched an attack on Luo Jinxiu and Chi Yi. Without hesitation, he hurled a dark and ominous projectile at Luo Jinxiu's face. In an instant, she summoned her divine sword and effortlessly deflected the incoming attack, creating a glittering collision of black and white.

"You despicable rascals, you will be despised by the world once you leave here!" Chi Yi shouted indignantly.

"Enough of your nonsense. The rules have never forbidden sneak attacks or early engagement. You have no right to criticize others while wallowing in your own corner. We only seek the elixir. Surrender now and leave, and we may spare your lives. The young man with the spear replied. Suddenly, he lunged forward, shrouding the area in darkness and making it almost impossible to see.

The oppressive power of their cultivation levels was enough to instill fear. Luo Jinxiu quickly closed her eyes and concentrated on dispersing the darkness with her spiritual energy. As she quickly retreated, she narrowly dodged an attack aimed at her face.