Chapter 102: Returning to the Human Realm

Luo Jinxiao didn’t understand what was happening and, thinking Qu Weiyin must have been hurt inside, she hurriedly looked down, only to find Qu Weiyin completely unharmed.

Only then did she feel half-relieved and gently pat Qu Weiyin's back.

On the other side, Yougui had fallen heavily, his slender body nearly falling apart. He struggled for a moment, glaring at Luo Jinxiao and Qu Weiyin with wild eyes.

“Qu Weiyin!” he shouted fiercely, his voice raspy and tinged with blood, resembling a worn-out bellows.

“Shut up!” With a swift motion, Luo Jinxiao brought her sword down. He hurriedly raised his palms to block it, bending over to cough out a dark, thick phlegm.

Black smoke billowed up from the ground, swirling around him, and Yougui slowly climbed back to his feet, looking utterly shattered, like a candle about to be extinguished.

“You deceived me; you deceived me!” he stared at them with his grayish-white pupils, filled with despair.

Qu Weiyin turned her body, positioning herself protectively in front of Luo Jinxiao. Her phoenix eyes glinted coldly, and the Remnant Moon Star Sword suddenly lifted from the ground, humming as it stood before her.

Demonic creatures continuously surged forth from the walls, and Yougui let out a piercing scream: “Do you think that by destroying the formation diagram, you can rest easy?”

“Qu Weiyin, you are truly foolish. You can’t even see who the most loyal person is. Have you forgotten what the celestial realm did to you? You’re like a dog, still wagging your tail at those who strike you!”

“Their prejudice against demons is something you will never shed. Look: even if you were given a second chance, you would still be a demon, unable to become what they regard as normal. You will always be a thorn in their side!”

Qu Weiyin listened to him with her head bowed, but suddenly raised her gaze, her eyes sharp as needles.

The Remnant Moon Star Sword erupted with golden light, cascading like pieces of gold foil that shimmered within the swirling black mist. Any demon touched by the golden light vanished without a trace.

Luo Jinxiao couldn’t help but look at Qu Weiyin, stepping forward but hesitating to move.

Qu Weiyin suddenly laughed scornfully. “So what? No matter if I'm a celestial being or a demon, I am still myself. Who are you to make decisions for me?”

“I despise the unfairness of destiny and detest the so-called righteous path, but that doesn’t mean I will allow this hatred to turn me into a madman like you.”

Yougui howled as black smoke transformed into tangible forms, shooting toward them, but they were effortlessly blocked by Luo Jinxiao. He finally exhausted all his strength, collapsing onto the ground, his eyes reflecting a mad desperation.

For a moment, Qu Weiyin felt a flicker of pity as she looked at him.

She closed her eyes, and the Remnant Moon Star Sword transformed into a fiery arrow, radiating waves of heat and scorching golden light, as if it were about to break through the towering demon palace.

The demon palace exploded abruptly, collapsing from the midpoint, as wailing, ghostly entities surged outward, causing hair-raising terror. Luo Jinxiao watched helplessly as Yougui's body was torn in half by the flames.

His eyes, coated in ash, remained locked onto Qu Weiyin, silently calling for the demon lord.

And then, he disintegrated into ash.