Chapter 113: If There's No Turning Back (Part 2)✨

The smell of burnt flesh almost made Luo Jinxi gag. She took a couple of steps back, feeling a mix of relief and anxiety, but at least she was certain Qu Weiyin didn't intend to harm her. Qu Weiyin noticed the wariness in her eyes and scoffed, looking up at the sky. It was near dusk, the fiery sun hanging low, casting its last rays.

"Can't walk anymore?" Qu Weiyin suddenly asked, stepping over to Luo Jinxi. She bent down to check Luo Jinxi's pulse, startling her so much that she fell back onto the ground with a jolt.

Luo Jinxi gasped, her face scrunched up in discomfort. Qu Weiyin watched her coldly, then firmly grabbed her wrist, twisting it to the side, rendering Luo Jinxi immobile with a soft cry.

"Nothing there, so what are you afraid of?" Qu Weiyin remarked disdainfully, sitting cross-legged to clean her hands on her clothes.

Luo Jinxi noticed her disdainful actions and puffed her cheeks, muttering under her breath, "Not afraid to wear my clothes, but touching me is too much."

Qu Weiyin glanced at her and couldn't be bothered to respond. Even when using someone, it's important to understand their limits. This little fool was injured and, like caring for a horse, she needed rest and nourishment. They couldn't keep traveling endlessly.

The earlier fight had reopened Qu Weiyin's wounds, and she felt warmth spreading across her chest. Finding a sufficiently hidden spot, she quietly removed the garment from her shoulder, letting it fall to the ground.

The cloth wrapped around her chest was soaked in blood. Without showing any pain, she silently untied it and burned the bloodied cloth.

Luo Jinxi, who had been watching her, lowered her gaze at this point. Despite Qu Weiyin's fierce demeanor, she possessed a strikingly alluring figure, delicate and soft in all the right places, accentuated by the earthy surroundings.

Luo Jinxi dared not look. Qu Weiyin wiped away the blood, frowning slightly at the pain.

"Little fool," she suddenly spoke, her breath heavy from the pain, causing Luo Jinxi to flinch and look up.

"Come here," Qu Weiyin said, using one hand to support herself and beckoning with the other. "Do you have any healing herbs?"

Luo Jinxi glanced at her wound, more grotesque in the light, with flesh torn and bleeding. She scratched her head awkwardly and said cautiously, "I don't have any. Besides, this was caused by a divine weapon; ordinary herbs might not work."

Qu Weiyin frowned, "Nonsense, of course I know that. As long as it helps me make it back to the Demon Realm, anything will do."

After a few labored breaths, she added, "If nothing else, tear your clothes to bind the wound and slow the bleeding."

Though she masked her vulnerability, such severe injuries were hard to endure. Seeing this, Luo Jinxi's heart softened a bit. She hesitated before quietly pulling out a bottle of medicine and approached Qu Weiyin.

Qu Weiyin's lips were pale. Seeing the medicine in Luo Jinxi's hands stirred her anger. "How dare you deceive me?" she demanded, looking up.

Luo Jinxi stuck out her tongue, remaining silent. She knelt down and carefully dripped the medicine onto Qu Weiyin's wound.

Qu Weiyin gritted her teeth against the pain, having no time to scold Luo Jinxi. She turned her head to the distant valley, biting her finger to stifle any sound. Frustration surged within her; how had she, a Demon Lord, come to trust a slip of a girl?

The medicine worked quickly, stopping the bleeding. Luo Jinxi put the bottle away and gently pressed a torn piece of cloth against Qu Weiyin's chest. The faint scent of Luo Jinxi mingled with the blood, causing her hands to tremble as she tied the cloth around Qu Weiyin's body. She silently repeated to herself, "This is just a tree, just a tree," before securing it with a knot at her back.