Chapter 18: Restoring Spiritual Energy

The punishment that was so easily inflicted on her had finally come to an end, leaving Luo Jinxiu once again idle and unable to use her spiritual energy. She spent her days aimlessly sweeping the courtyard or daydreaming by the yellow dog.

As for the poor beast she had summoned, it only appeared to be ferocious, sleeping in a corner all day long, but it had an astonishingly voracious appetite, capable of eating half a cow every day.

At first, Luo Jinxiu was able to get some food from the mess hall, but later she was forbidden to do so. The people there would close their doors and windows as soon as they saw her, as if they were afraid of a thief.

One day, when Luo Jinxiu wanted to go hunting, he saw Luo Ning secretly crawling down from the wall, carrying a large package on her back. The poor beast seemed to sense something and immediately jumped at it, drooling profusely.

"Shh, shh, shh," Luo Ning hurriedly raised a finger and looked worriedly at the door, afraid that Elder Willow would discover them.

"How did you get here?" Luo Jinxiu stood up and went to help her.

"This place is too far away, and I didn't dare to use spiritual energy for fear of arousing Elder Willow's suspicion, so I had to come secretly to bring you some things," Luo Ning stealthily landed and placed the package on the ground, and the poor beast, already smelling the blood, excitedly buried its head in it and began sniffing enthusiastically.

"I caught a wild boar in the forest this morning," Luo Ning smiled proudly and asked for approval.

Luo Jinxiu patted her shoulder and smiled even brighter than she did.

The door behind them creaked open and Elder Willow walked out with an angry look on her face. Luo Jinxiu was used to his eccentric temper, so she stood still, but Luo Ning was startled and greeted him respectfully.

"Why does Master have time to go out today?" Luo Jinxiu beamed at him.

Elder Willow sighed, her face filled with helplessness, and waved her hand. "Ever since I took you in, my courtyard has never been peaceful. What about today?"

He looked at the poor beast lying on the ground and suddenly understood.

"Since you've been resting for a few days, I think your body has recovered. Starting today, you can resume your training. In the future, you will not need any manuals - I will teach you personally," Elder Willow sighed deeply.

"Really, Master?" Luo Jinxiu was both surprised and pleased. She ran up to Elder Willow and said, "You finally agreed to teach your disciple?"

Elder Willow frowned and nodded reluctantly. "I made it clear beforehand - if you truly are a block of wood that cannot be carved, I will not waste any more effort on you. I'll let you come and go as you please."

Luo Jinxiu nodded vigorously, unable to contain her excitement.

In just over ten days here, she had experienced a strong desire to become stronger, something she had never felt before.

"Do you have a sword?" Elder Willow asked.

Luo Jinxiu was about to shake her head when she felt Luo Ning tug on her sleeve and hand her a small package.

Seeing the confused look in Luo Jinxiu's eyes, Luo Ning said quietly, "After you and Senior Uncle Qu disappeared that day, I went back to the forest to wait for you. But you did not return, and instead, Senior Uncle Qu did. She asked me to give you this package, saying that it contained your weapon."

Luo Jinxiu looked at the small and delicate package embroidered with a large red hibiscus flower. It seemed to exude a faint fragrance that belonged to Qu Weiying. Intrigued, she shook it; the package was heavy.