Chapter 62: Five Years

Three days later, at the Han Yun Pavilion.

Qu Weiyin opened her eyes to find herself on the ground, struggling to breathe while clutching her chest.

The sunlight outside was blinding, shining through the window slats and casting shadows on the floor.

Qu Weiyin glanced down at her hands, momentarily unsure of when she was. She vividly recalled piercing Qu Chengzhou's heart, and yet she had also been struck by his palm, causing her heart to shatter. How was it possible that she was alive?

Could it be that she had been reborn again? However, the excruciating pain in her chest reminded her that she was still in this autumn season.

Qu Weiyin picked up the pouch that had fallen to the ground, gritting her teeth against the pain as she wobbled to her feet and stumbled toward the exit. The room was empty, disturbingly silent. A few times, she nearly tripped over her trailing skirt; her disheveled hair fell across her face, making her appear disheveled and chaotic.

Where was Luo Jinxiao?

A sense of unease blossomed in Qu Weiyin’s heart. She had flown down the cliff on her sword, but due to her severe injuries, before she even landed, her body had given way, and she collapsed onto the dried, yellow grass.

At that moment, a few disciples happened to pass by. Seeing her collapsed in the grass, they hurried forward, helping her up. Once they recognized her face, they exclaimed in astonishment, “Qu—Qu Master Uncle?”

It was no wonder they were shocked; Elder He had just gathered all the disciples, saying that Qu Master Uncle had bravely sacrificed herself to eliminate a demon. They still felt a wave of sadness from that news.

They exchanged glances, with no one daring to speak.

“Where is Luo Jinxiao?” Qu Weiyin asked in a low voice, wiping the blood from the corner of her mouth.

The disciples scratched their heads and shook their heads repeatedly, saying they hadn’t seen her.

Qu Weiyin pushed past them and headed toward Wuhui Hall, intending to ask Elder Liu. The same disciples, seeing her difficulties as she staggered, offered to help her by using their swords to take her there.

Elder Liu, who was busy handling affairs, turned around to see Qu Weiyin and almost thought he was hallucinating; he dropped the letters he was holding.

“Elder Liu, where is Luo Jinxiao?” Qu Weiyin asked, clutching her chest.

Elder Liu paused for a moment before reacting. He quickly reached out to support her, guiding her to a seat. Placing his hand on her pulse, his expression turned even more astonished.

Although Qu Weiyin's body was a disordered mess and her internal organs were far from intact, the fact remained that she was alive.

A person who had died suddenly revived—what a bizarre occurrence!

“Luo Jinxiao…” Elder Liu murmured. Could it be that Luo Jinxiao had used some method to pull Qu Weiyin back from the brink of death?

But even he felt powerless in the face of such a thing; what could a young girl like Luo Jinxiao possibly do?

Seeing how Elder Liu couldn’t explain the situation, Qu Weiyin struggled to rise once more, but Liu Elder pressed her back into her seat, his brow furrowed tightly as he shook his head. “Your body is too weak to be moving around recklessly. I will send someone to find Luo Jinxiao.”

Qu Weiyin's hands were already clammy with sweat. Gripping Elder Liu's arm tightly, she opened her phoenix-like eyes wide, tears glimmering in them.

“Find her,” she said weakly.