Chapter 49: Hold Tight, Master Uncle

Before Qu Weiyin could react, all that remained was the hem of Luo Jinxiao's clothing, which quickly disappeared from view. In an instant, even the hem was drawn in, and Luo Jinxiao vanished entirely. Qiongqi, with agile movements, followed suit.

Qu Weiyin touch her cheek, wiping away the rising warmth, then resigned herself to guarding the door, her heart pounding with anxiety.

Inside the small door was a pitch-black, narrow corridor. Luo Jinxiao was wary of using her spiritual power, so she relied on her instincts, carefully taking one slow step at a time. Qiongqi followed closely behind, looking timid as a mouse, too afraid to stretch her head forward.

Luo Jinxiao felt derisive toward her; as a fierce beast, Qiongqi displayed no awareness of the fierceness expected of her kind.

After just a couple of steps, they reached the end of the corridor. Luo Jinxiao reached out and felt around, discovering a heavy iron door blocking their path, secured with a large lock. The movement roused those inside, but they seemed to be bound, unable to move.

Estimating that the lock was made of mystic iron, Luo Jinxiao figured that without a key, it would be nearly impossible for an ordinary person to open it.

After contemplating for a moment, she turned and patted Qiongqi, pushing her toward the door.

With a quick snap, the girl bit down on the iron lock, spitting it out with a "Pfft!"

Luo Jinxiao was momentarily dumbfounded at the sight, then she happily patted Qiongqi’s head and stepped through the door. Inside, there was a slanted skylight that barely let in enough light to see the ground, revealing a man and a woman lying on the floor, both disheveled and looking as if they had endured significant torment.

In addition to the two of them, there was another figure lying in the corner, whose features were obscured. She seemed much more agile than the others; the moment she spotted Luo Jinxiao, she writhed and lunged toward her, opening her mouth as if to bite.

Luo Jinxiao reacted quickly, stepping back just in time to avoid being bitten on the ankle.

"Shh, I’m here to save you," she said, swiftly covering the girl's mouth while firmly pressing her head back down. Seeing she was still struggling, Luo Jinxiao decided to pin her to the ground.

"If you want to live, you’d better behave," Luo Jinxiao lowered her voice, pretending to sound intimidating.

This tactic proved effective; upon hearing her words, the girl tensed up, going completely still.

Luo Jinxiao instructed Qiongqi to carry one of the No Regrets Sect disciples while she bent down to drag the remaining one, making a dash for the door. However, just as Qiongqi managed to hoist one of them and started to squeeze through the iron door, the situation outside suddenly changed.

A powerful wave of demonic energy surged through the narrow doorway and corridor. Seeing this, Luo Jinxiao quickly stretched out her hand, channeling her spiritual power into an icy shield to block the incoming demonic energy.

This particular demonic energy was far stronger than anything she had encountered before. Sweat beads began to drip from her forehead, and the confined space made retreat impossible, leaving her with nowhere to hide.

“Luo Jinxiao, move quickly!” Qu Weiyin’s voice called from outside, a mix of coldness and urgency. Few could make her sound frantic, and Luo Jinxiao felt her heart tighten. Gritting her teeth, she dragged the unconscious figure and lunged forward.

She found Qu Weiyin standing defiantly before the injured No Regrets Sect disciples, her hair flying in the wind, exuding a fierce energy. In one hand, she held a massive fireball, while her other hand gripped the Crescent Moon Star Sword. She unleashed a continual burst of lightning sword energy towards the figure in front of her.