Chapter 47: Embrace

Seeing this from behind, a flicker of malice crossed Yu Gui's gray-white eyes as his hand slipped into his sleeve, seemingly preparing to retrieve something.

Luo Jinxiao was unaware of this when suddenly, a small, fierce figure appeared behind her. A torrent of turbulent energy surged forth, causing Yu Gui's pupils to constrict. He found himself propelled backward, crashing against the wall.

He weakly coughed, spitting out a mouthful of blood, his pale skin contrasting violently, making him seem ghostly.

Both Luo Jinxiao and Qu Weiyin turned to the source of the commotion, and they saw Qiongqi, who had previously appeared dazed, now transformed back into his tiger form, baring his fangs and standing protectively in front of Luo Jinxiao with ferocious eyes.

Luo Jinxiao's gaze darted to Yu Gui's sleeve.

Yu Gui slowly reached up to wipe the blood from his mouth, staring in astonishment at Qiongqi, his expression one of utter shock.

"Qiongqi..." he murmured, then looked at Qu Weiyin again. A moment later, a hint of a smile emerged on his face.

However, as soon as his gaze fell back on Luo Jinxiao, that smile vanished.

Luo Jinxiao observed his every action and then glanced at Qu Weiyin. An inkling of understanding began to unfold within her, as if a hidden piece of a puzzle was finally falling into place.

Qu Weiyin reached out, and the object within Yu Gui's sleeve suddenly shot up in the air, tracing an arc before landing in her palm. It was a small bone whistle that emanated a faint, cold light.

She gripped the bone whistle with one hand, and when she raised her eyes again, her expression was decidedly unfriendly.

"You should leave," she stated firmly.

Luo Jinxiao understood that "you" referred to herself, but concern gnawed at her, and she instinctively tugged at Qu Weiyin's sleeve, unwilling to let go.

Qu Weiyin rarely displayed patience; instead of chastising her, she spoke softly, "It’s fine. Don’t worry."

She turned back, raising her hand to gently wipe the sweat from Luo Jinxiao's forehead with her sleeve.

This action was tinged with a certain tenderness.

Luo Jinxiao felt a slight stirring in her heart, and her feet unconsciously moved toward the door. She obediently stepped outside, and by the time she realized what she was doing, she found herself standing outside, peering in through the paper window, where she could only see hazy shadows within.

She tried to poke a small hole in the door, but as soon as her finger reached out, it was forcefully rebounded by spiritual energy. Hugging her arms tightly, she felt quite wronged.

What secrets was Qu Weiyin hiding? If it were truly as she suspected, it would be far too unbelievable.

But looking at herself again, having traveled back two thousand years only to encounter someone with the same name and appearance as her—it was nothing short of magical.

---

Meanwhile, inside the room.

Qu Weiyin slowly approached Yu Gui, and the bone whistle in her hand instantly crumbled to powder. The closer she got, the more Yu Gui's lips trembled. Eventually, he could no longer contain himself and exclaimed, "Who is she?"

"It has nothing to do with you," Qu Weiyin replied indifferently.

"You are protecting her." Yu Gui had nowhere left to retreat, pressing himself against the wall.