Chapter 110: The End

Gui Jiu acted promptly, the great doors slamming shut with a thunderous noise, leaving no gap in between. The hall was instantly plunged into darkness, illuminated only by the glowing pearl hanging from the ceiling.

As everyone realized something was amiss and turned back, the sect leader's nearly colorless spiritual energy formed a visible barrier over the doors, thick and unbreakable.

"What are you doing?" the middle-aged man shouted in anger.

"What else would you expect? You dared to bring outsiders into the Wuhui Sect and make a scene; what did you think I was going to do?" the sect leader replied coolly, waving a hand toward Luo Jinxiao, raising an eyebrow in her direction.

"Ah! You dare to detain us? Aren't you afraid the celestial beings will come after you?" The middle-aged man unsheathed his sword, but his legs suddenly weakened, nearly causing him to collapse.

"You're actually using a formation! How despicable!"

They had thought that the Wuhui Sect would feel compelled to hand over Qu Weiyin due to emotional ties, but they never imagined the sect leader would boldly detain them in broad daylight.

"I have never liked you people. Under the guise of uniting the sects, you've gained real power only to greedily exploit it at every turn. While I usually tolerate you out of pity, today is different. Before we address the significant matter at hand, I'll deal with you first to leave a clear and fair environment for future generations."

"How dare you! You're defaming the righteous path!" someone shouted, but as soon as those words left their lips, Luo Jinxiao waved her hand, causing that individual to lose their voice entirely.

Everyone around gasped in shock.

"I've already explained everything I needed to the last time. Anyone who dares to speak disrespectfully again will not be shown any mercy," Luo Jinxiao declared, her brows furrowed as she held Wujie firmly, standing among the crowd.

"Luo Jinxiao, get them!" Yanying shouted from the side, shaking her fist in encouragement.

"You said you wanted to offer Qu Weiyin for sacrifice to the heavens?" Luo Jinxiao stepped in front of the head of the Death Sect, delivering a swift kick to his knee. The lean man instantly fell into a half-kneel on the ground, cursing under his breath.

"To blame an innocent person for natural disasters while doing nothing to stop them is the mark of a coward," Luo Jinxiao said in a low voice, then kicked him again, sending him crashing against the wall.

He cried out in agony, yet was restrained and couldn't summon any of his powers. The others watched in shock and quickly fell silent, no longer daring to provoke further.

Even the wicked fear those who are equally wicked; they never expected that the renowned Wuhui Sect would abandon all decorum in such a manner!

Luo Jinxiao turned and stepped back to stand beside Qu Weiyin. Suddenly raising her hand, she unleashed her pressure, making those who were restrained struggle to endure it. Many rolled their eyes back, and some even vomited blood.

"Stop! Stop! Sect Leader, we know we were wrong!"

Finally, someone could no longer withstand the pain and began to plead for mercy loudly, even dropping to their knees to bow their heads in apology.

The sect leader remained silent, watching as the middle-aged man finally succumbed to the pain and collapsed to the ground, his eyes rolling back in his head, unable to rise again. She then patted Luo Jinxiao, signaling her to cease.

"Alright, Jinxiao. It's not like the celestial beings have been stirring trouble for just a day or two. Just give them a lesson."

Luo Jinxiao finally withdrew her energy, and those on the ground slumped down, not daring to utter a sound.