first few hours as parents

*Another #throwback! Baby Liam's first few hours of life! I hope you enjoy! Send suggestions! Love • Bree 👽

- 5am -
The c-section is almost finished. Scott and Mitch have just welcomed their baby boy, Liam Michael Richard into the world.

Liam is two weeks early, but he is a healthy seven pounds, seven ounces and twenty one inches long.

Scott rocks Liam in his arms as Mitch smiles at his boys being together for the very first time.

"He looks just like you, Scott. He is so handsome and cute." Mitch says as he rubs Liam's cheek.

"He sure is. You did an awesome job, babe. I am so proud of you." Scott says softly.

Scott takes his surgical mask off and kisses Mitch twice.

Dr. Kirby finishes up the c-section a few minutes later!

"We are all done, Mr. Grassi-Hoying! We are going to take you to the recovery room for a few hours to keep an eye on you and your son! Congratulations to you and your husband!" Dr. Kirby says as she smiles brightly at Mitch and Scott.

"Thank you so much for everything, Dr. Kirby." Mitch says as he shakes Dr. Kirby's hand

"It's my pleasure! I am so happy for you guys! Liam is really adorable!" Dr. Kirby says happily.

"Thank you!" Scott and Mitch say in unison.

- 5:10am -
The nurses begin to push Mitch's bed to the recovery room. Mitch is holding a bundled up Liam his right arm. Liam is looking around, showing his bright blue eyes.

"He's awake. Hi, buddy! Hi!" Scott says in a babyfied voice.

"That's your silly Papa, Liam. You look just like him." Mitch says as the nurses giggle.

"Mr. Hoying, you can hit the lullaby button! The lullaby button let's everybody on the floor know that a new baby was born!" The nurse says as Scott proudly pushes the blue button.

The nurse push Mitch's bed into his room and Scott follows closely behind.

- 5:15am -
Scott takes his bright blue scrubs off and fixes his hair in the mirror. Mitch is in bed and is getting situated. He can't believe he and Scott's little boy is actually here.

Liam is in his bassinet and is fast asleep.

Scott's puts his glasses on and grabs Mitch's out of his bag. Scott then walks over and kisses Mitch's forehead softly.

"How are you feeling?" Scott asks Mitch as he moves Mitch's hair out of his eyes.

"I'm tired and I feel high as a kite." Mitch says, making Scott giggle.

"It's just all the medicine, babe. You are okay." Scott says as he kisses Mitch's cheek.

Mitch puts his glasses on because his contacts were bothering him.

"I love you." Mitch says in a whisper.

"I love you too. I just want you to rest." Scott says as he smirks at Mitch and then kisses him.

"How are you feeling, Mr. Grassi-Hoying?" Lindsey the nurse asks Mitch as she checks Mitch's vitals.

"I just am tired and I feel high." Mitch says as he rubs his eyes.

"It's just the medicine, Mr. Grassi-Hoying. You will feel better in an hour or so! My name is Lindsey, and I will be your nurse in the recovery room. Congratulations on your baby boy! What's his name?" Lindsay asks Mitch and Scott.