stiles stilinski

You arrive at his house after an argument, you didn't want to leave things on bad terms with him because in this town no one is really safe and you were worried you'd never get to tell him how you really felt

"What are you doing here?" He asked, his hands shaking nervously as he stepped out of his room.

"Stiles, I-" you hesitated, you didn't want to make things worse if he didn't feel the same way but you had to tell him, "I wanted to say that I'm sorry, I just couldn't leave things how we did because you never know what could happen to someone in this town... I care too much to lose you, Stiles, because I-"

You watched as he raised his eyebrows, waiting for you to continue.

"Because I love you." You finished, waiting for his reaction.

His face didn't move at all as he processed what you said, instead he moved towards you extremely quickly and suddenly his hands grasped your waist as he pressed his lips against yours.

After the spur of the moment kiss that left you both breathless he pulled away, "I love you too, y/n," he brought his hands up to your cheeks and wiped away the tears that had fallen, "please don't apologise, it's not your fault. I kept too many secrets from you, I should have told you what was going on with the pack but I just wanted to keep you safe."

You shook your head, "I understand now, Stiles, I do. And I know that I didn't want to leave us how we left off, I don't know what I'd do if something happened to you-"

"Y/n," his golden, brown eyes searched yours as he talked, "don't think about that okay?"

"But what if it did, Stiles? There's so many innocent people killed in this town every year-" you started to ramble as you thought about all of the bad things that had happened and could happen.

Stiles wrapped his arms around you, "hey," he said soothingly, "please, just think about now, okay? I'm here, you're here, we're fine- I promise." He said as he rubbed your back gently.

You breathed in his familiar scent as you calmed down, relaxing in his arms.

"Why don't you stay over tonight?" He asked.

You simply nodded as he guided you over to his bed, you lay down first as he lay behind you and wrapped his arms around you, keeping you close to him.

"I promise I will never let anything happen to you." Stiles mumbled as you began to fall asleep, the flicker of a smile appeared on your lips before you fell asleep.