mason hewitt

when you're studying late at night after school with your friend mason, you suddenly feel yourself beginning to shift

you quickly run out of the library and into the hallway, you tried to make it to a classroom where you could close the door but it was too late.

you clenched your fists, your claws drawing blood from your hands, and your eyes began to glow with their golden hue.

"y/n?" you heard a familiar voice say behind you.

you didn't turn to look at him, "go away, mason... please." You begged.

"no, not until you tell me what's wrong."

"i can't... i don't want you to get hurt." you pleaded.

"i'm your best friend, y/n, let me help you." he said softly.

you closed your eyes and turned around, mason sighed, "open your eyes."

as you slowly opened your eyes, you saw mason staring at you curiously. as soon as he saw your eyes he began to smile, "you're a werewolf." he said in awe.

you nodded, "yes... but you can't tell anybody... promise?"

"i promise... now how do we fix this?" he asked, referring to your sudden shift.

"i just need to try and remain calm, this happens a lot." you sighed as you sat down against the wall of lockers.

mason sat besides you, "whatever you need, i'm always here. i wish you would've told me earlier instead of you struggling alone."

you wanted to tell him, but you knew if he became involved in the supernatural world it'd put him in danger, but you'd worry about that later, now you were just grateful you had someone to help you on this journey.

you felt yourself becoming human again, looking at your fingertips return to normal you smiled and looked over at your best friend, "thank you, mason."

mason reached over and took hold of your hand, giving it a light squeeze, "we're in this together now, y/n."

we all need a friend like mason 😌