stiles stilinski

whilst studying in the library stiles fell asleep on his text books, and within minutes his brain began to replay a moment too painful to remember

"come on, stiles, we don't have further to go!" you yelled, gripping tight hold of your boyfriends hand and pulling him around the corner of a long, dark tunnel.

"i can't, y/n." he panted, he'd twisted his ankle running from the latest threat facing beacon hills and he couldn't run any longer.

"it's not much further, please stiles... you can do it." you wrapped your arm around his back and helped him towards the ladder leading out of the tunnels.

"you go first, y/n." stiles said, but you shook your head.

"no, and it's not negotiable. i'll stay here and fight them off whilst you get to safety." you insisted.

stiles didn't have time to argue with you, instead he began to climb the ladder, looking down at you as he reached the top. you smiled, glad he was near safety where scott would be waiting for him.

"your turn." he glanced down as he reached the top, holding out his hand for you.

as you began to climb you heard the growls behind you and within seconds stiles watched as you were ripped from his grasp.

"y/n!" he yelled, waking himself from his nightmare to find himself alone in the library, his face wet with tears.

still shaken up from the nightmare he wished wasn't real, he packed up his books and went home where his father was waiting for him.

as soon as he saw his sons tear stained face he wrapped him in a hug, "i don't know how much longer i can do this, dad." stiles sobbed into his fathers shirt.

"it's okay... it's going to be okay, we'll get through this together." noah comforted his son, he'd loved you like a daughter and knew the pain he was going through.

stiles knew his father meant well, but he didn't think he would ever be okay, not for a long time — not until he got revenge.