kira yukimura and malia tate

whilst studying in the library with kira and malia, they became bored of working on maths equations and turned their attention to you

ever since they'd started dating they were trying to set you up with someone so you could go on double dates with them.

"so, y/n, we found you a date for saturday night, are you in?" malia asked, her eyebrows raised expectantly.

"for the last time, lia, i'm not interested." you sighed, flipping the page of your text book.

"you're just not interested in any of the people we set you up with... this would work better if you told us who you had a crush on." kira said, smirking.

"i'm not telling you guys, he doesn't even like me back." you said, closing your book and looking up at your best friends.

at that moment liam walked through the library doors and walked past your table, you watched him walk past and wave at you.

"you like the puppy!" kira exclaimed.

"it's true, your heart beat went through the roof." malia grinned.

"stop." you complained, feeling your cheeks begin to flush with colour.

"aww, young love," kira smiled, "that's it, i'm inviting him to come out with us on saturday. we won't call it a date... yet."

you buried your face in your hands as the girls giggled, "don't worry y/n... his heart was exactly the same as yours as soon as he saw you."

looking up at malia, you felt a sliver of hope, "really?"

"really," she nodded, "now, we have to decide what you should wear!"

hearing malia talk about simple things like dates and what to wear made you believe that you could live a semi-normal life even being supernatural and dealing with things teenagers shouldn't be dealing with. but this weekend you'd be spending it with your best friends and seeing if there was a spark between yourself and liam.