Chapter 16

The park. Jungkook had actually been the first one to discover the isolated spot. The day he had moved alone to Seoul to live with his Uncle and Aunt, Jungkook had gone out on a stroll to find out more about the place he was going to be living at for who knows how long.

A tumult of thoughts was rising inside him as he continued to wander around the empty streets; questioning himself and his worth.

His parents had left him all of a sudden, with a note that only had two phone numbers scribbled on it in a hurry and next to it was a stash of money.

Not understanding anything, the first thing he had tried to do was call his parents and ask them if they were going to stay back at their workplaces and also if the money was for him to order food for himself, but to his disappointment, neither of them had picked up their phones, leaving only those two numbers as the option. Just when he dialled one of the numbers, his Uncle's name instantly popped up which made him more confused.

Why would his parents leave his Uncle's number?

The moment his Uncle picked up the call, everything seemed either like it was falling into place or falling apart. He had continued to listen in silence as his Uncle had told him that his parents had told them everything and not him.

The more important thing was that they weren't coming back.

The money they had left was for Jungkook to get a train or a bus that would take him to Seoul where his Uncle and Aunt would be waiting for him at the station.

Everything was surely falling apart.

The feeling of something being wrong with himself had been rising inside his mind as he came across the empty park. There were swing sets, seesaw and other games for the kids, but not a single soul could be seen, giving the place a peaceful kind of vibe.

At that moment, it had been the most beautiful and quietest place Jungkook had ever seen- with the green grass all around him, the entrance covered with white flowers and small shrubs around the corners. Without another thought, he had laid down on the grass with his arms supporting his head, while staring up at the cloudy sky.

He was feeling abandoned because of his parents, but nothing could be done. They were gone.

After a week of his arrival, that was the first day at his new high school- Jungkook, while walking down the hallway, had bumped into someone with blue hair, brown eyes and extremely soft features. He had never felt himself so lost while staring at a random stranger, but this person had been different. Jungkook wasn't tranced by his beautiful face, rather it was his boxy smile that had his heart skipping a beat with only a look.

That was the day he had met Taehyung.

The guy he soon came to love with his entire being.

The guy who had taught Jungkook to love himself before loving anyone else. The person who had made him believe that he was worth someone's love. He was the one who had taught the younger that being a little selfish was something very much important to survive in this world. Taehyung was the one who had always been right next to him, ready to leave anything and everything for Jungkook.

The younger had promised himself that he wouldn't leave Taehyung or any of his friends just like his parents did to him, but look how it turned out.

As soon as Taehyung had parked his car just outside the park, hoping for both, Jungkook and Jimin to be there, instead he only saw a small pink haired figure sitting on the ground completely alone.

Taehyung's first instinct was to slap Jimin- hard across his cheek and he would've done just that as a way of getting back at him, but moving closer to him, he noticed the smaller's shoulders heaving up and down frantically as if he had been crying.