Chapter 40

The next morning, if not the entire day, was completely opposite of how they dreamed it to be. Jin and Namjoon were already late on opening their cafe because of last night, Yoongi slept in studio while talking to his fiancé over the phone last night. While Jungkook was still sleeping in his bed, body curled into a ball and comforters pulled up to his chin, cheeks dry with the tears that he cried on the previous night.

Taehyung, on the other hand, was already feeding Chin Hae who had woken up by the sound of his father walking everywhere around the room to get dressed up for work, and insisted on being fed by him like every other day. Jimin was left sleeping soundly in Chin Hae and Taehyung's master bedroom, snuggled into the soft covers, peaceful to have a long rest after such hard work and sleepless nights.

The blue haired guy didn't forget the events of last night, and how could he when those teary, doe eyes were flashing again and again in mind?

He spent the entire time reflecting back on what he said to Jungkook, even the part where he told him to take the day off. It was partially because Taehyung didn't want to see his face, at least for some time, but also because the other needed to be alone too. He did, even if he didn't realize that.

While he had still been in the shower, Taehyung stared at the fading blue colour of his hair and mentally made a note of getting them dyed to their original colour once again if he ever got free. Before leaving, he asked Mrs.Chao to give his son a bath and change him into fresh clothes, while leaving a note for his best friend- telling him to freshen up and accompany him to the mall along with his baby.

All in all, Taehyung was really trying to forget or maybe overcome the events of last night by busying himself in his work as usual, but he still couldn't stop thinking about Jungkook. His eyes still fell on to the frame that had been on his table for as long as anyone could remember, followed by a sigh and some questions in his mind. The entire night, he had asked himself whether he should forgive Jungkook or keep punishing him and test him for as long as he- himself didn't feel satisfied.

But that's where he stopped himself because truth be told, the only person that Taehyung could really imagine himself with, was Jungkook.

That's that.

Keeping that aside like he always does, Taehyung decided to focus more into his work since now, Sehun- his personal assistant was back in his home town to take care of his mother. Thanks to him, the CEO had a little relief in this matter, because before leaving Sehun had already alerted every client with an appointment of meeting in the coming week- to directly contact The Boss himself.

He continued signing and reading papers, eyes occasionally stopping to look at the photo frame on his table and then at his phone, wondering what Jungkook must be doing at the moment, if he had woken up, eaten or was he out with his friends? What were their names?

Yugyeom and BamBam.

Should he call? No. No. No. No. He doesn't want to be obvious, why would he want that? But if he really does want to, then he could just pull off the excuse that it was Jungkook's friends that he wanted to talk to.

Staring mindlessly at the picture, Taehyung jumped a little in surprise when the telephone rang and picked it up a second later.

"Mr. Kim, Mr. Park Hyungsik has come here to meet you, what message would you like me to convey to him?" asked Lee, the receptionist on the ground floor who was  way too much polite for someone as buff as himself.

"No need, Lee. Just ask Jace to escort him to my office."

"Yes, Sir."

Park Hyungsik was one of the very famous and successful businessman that Taehyung had signed another deal with only a year ago, and before that, it was their fathers who became very good business and real life friends. To keep the tradition going on, Park Hyungsik took over his father's position in the company just like Taehyung, though with more wider options available to himself.