Chapter 49

Hello! I'm here with yet another update!

I hope all of you are doing fine, eating and staying healthy! If there's anything that you wish to talk about, then hit me up on my Instagram account by the name @btssafespace !

I created this account a few days ago to rant and stuff and occasionally post since I didn't feel like doing the same on my personal account. I'll be sure to text you back as soon as I can.

I purple you. Stay safe please. I love you!

Taehyung arrived earlier than usual at the office and without even going to his own desk like he does every day, he went first to Sehun and told him that he would be busy in a meeting with the Kings' and then another one with the investors for their ongoing project. He had two meetings, one after another and might not be able to attend to anyone else, if the need occurs.

So, he asked his assistant to handle it for him and E-mail him, so that he could see it at the end of the day.

He knew that Jungkook was definitely going to be late, the guy still might be hungover because of all the drinks that he must've had. Taehyung spent the entire night at his house and returned to his own at 7 in the morning, half and hour before his baby usually wakes up.

He wanted to be the one to wake Chin Hae up and wouldn't want to miss it for the world. So, he woke up at his usual time, cooked some pancakes for Jungkook just the way he loved it and left a note for him to read at whatever time he woke up.

The smile, while Taehyung was swiftly moving around Jungkook's kitchen, it didn't leave his lips for even a second. The thought that he was doing it for his certain someone and that too after years of missing him, he couldn't stop smiling. His hands worked around on their own, even though it was a little difficult to find the ingredients in a very new kitchen, he was happy.

After cooking them, he wrote down a note for Jungkook and thought of placing it next to the plate, but then it won't make any sense. So, he went back up to his room and god, the sight in front of his eyes seemed to take his breath away. Seeing Jungkook snuggled up in the comforter, hair messed up on the pillow underneath his head and with that peaceful look on his face, Taehyung had missed this.

His heart jumped a little and something churned inside his stomach as his steps took him closer to the still sleeping figure. The note in his hand had been long forgotten and the only thought-- the only urge that ran through his veins was to touch him. Touch him the way he did, three years ago. Taehyung sat next to him on the bed, thought twice before moving his hand up to Jungkook's face so that he could stroke those fluffy cheeks.

The soft whine that escaped Jungkook's lips became the reason behind Taehyung's smile as he stroke the other's cheek as softly as he could, not wanting to wake him up just yet. But, he knew that he had to leave, so he did something that he would never tell Jungkook.

He reached up to Jungkook's forehead and placed a soft kiss, let his lips linger on the spot for a while, before resting is cheek against the younger's chest. Jungkook's slow, rhythmic heart beat felt like someone was tugging the correct strings at all the correct times, it felt like music. For a good few seconds, Taehyung let Jungkook's scent mask his senses, taking this moment in his mind so that he would never forget about it.

He wanted to remember this cologne, they way his heart beats and the way Jungkook looked so peaceful-- without a care of the world.

Knowing that he had to leave, Taehyung got up from the bed and slipped the note carefully slightly under the pillow next to the sleeping figure and made his way out of the room and soon enough, out of Jungkook's house.

Hands wrapped around his small frame as the morning wind whipped his hair in odd directions, Taehyung chose to walk home, well because he did not have his car and there was no other option. He could've taken a cab, but knowing that his house was not that far away and the weather was pleasant, he chose to go by foot.

Last night really did happen, huh. He thought, smiling to himself. Faces flashed in front of his eyes as he walked. Taehyung saw his angel's face when he was about to leave for the date, the way he said that he should go out with Jungkook and not Bogum. It made him chuckle softly, thinking that his baby had gotten what he wanted.

Taehyung hardly slept the entire night and the pain in his neck was a valid proof, he moved from one place to another while keeping his mind occupied with how Jungkook's life would've been when he had moved away, when he had found his parents, the years that he lived with them. The younger must've been happy, and he should be.

"He deserves the world", Taehyung whispered, smiling to himself at the thought of Jungkook finally meeting his parents. But it somewhere, unintentionally reminded him that it was the same time he had lost his parents.

Does he know about my parents?

It was hard to say anything about this, Jungkook might know about his father's death, but he wasn't so sure about his mother. When Taheyung's mother had passed away, the entire media and even the people close to the Kim household were stunned to the core. They remembered his mother as someone very bright, intelligent, loving and passionate. She was someone who would've never done something like taking her own life, but seems like life really was unpredictable.

The news of her death was kept under the covers seeing that there were all kinds of rumors going on and around about her and his father. Taehyung didn't want anyone to speak or even think ill of his parents, so he asked the media to keep the news and the rumors at bay. He didn't want all of this to disturb his parents, now that they were in a better place.

I don't think Jungkook knows about you Ma. He could know about it, but I don't think he does. Taehyung whispered, smiling up at the sky as he spoke and stood in front of his house, letting his mind go blank, but happy at the thought of finally seeing his son.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________