(96) God09 Pt 3

Requested by Mysterysteve60MightymissJanaFedon

----------------------

"But who are you?"

GS stared at Shark, he could not process what his son had asked.

"Wh-What did you say?"

"Who are you?" Shark repeated then looked around, "Where am I anyways?"

"I-I'm God Steve, everyone calls me GS, but to you, I'm your dad, don't you remember me?'

Shark shook his head, "No, I don't have a dad. My best friend Moose is the closest person to be my dad. Speaking of him, where is he? I should be at the orphanage with the others"

The human looked around to see where he was; meanwhile, GS was tried to process what was happening.

His son.

Lost his memories.

Unknowing to GS, he started to have a panic attack and the way he snapped out of it was when Shark petted his head getting him to calm down. The brunette softly told the Steve to breath in and out. Once the Steve was calmed, he asked Shark how did he know what to do.

"My friend, Lucas, he has panic attacks frequently and his cousin, Sabre, would hug him and patted his head until he calms down." Shark explains, "Sabre taught us since he was worried that one day he won't be there to help Lucas"

"Shark, what is the last thing you remember?" GS asked wanted to see how much Shark lost his memories.

When Shark thought about, tears started to pool in his eyes.

"Shark, what's wrong?"

Only getting a sob in response, GS brought Shark in a hug and rocked him back and forth.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to" GS said trying not to pressure his son.

Shark nodded.

"GS, you said you're my dad, right?" The human spoke.

"Right"

"Did you adopt me?"

"Yes and no" GS pulled away so they were face to face, "I did adopt you, but not from the orphanage"

Letting out a 'oh' Shark then said, "What happened and why can't I remember you?"

GS started to explain what happened along with explaining who Rainbow and Boss were, once he was done, Shark was awed.

"Wow! I met so many cool people!" Shark smiled then frowned, "I wish I could remember them"

"Cheer up" GS smiled, "Maybe we can do somethings that can jog your memory"

Shark grinned and agreed quickly. The duo did everything GS could think of to help Shark recover his memories: hiking, exploring caves, met other Steves, GS telling stories of Shark's adventures, and more. There were times that Shark would get a sense of deja vu, but nothing more. GS continued to do any and everything he could to help his son, and he wasn't giving up any time soon. As of now they were fishing, just as they were before Shark lost his memories, when Shark sensed something off.

"Shark are you okay?" GS asked seeing his son with an odd expression.

The human said nothing, only stared in one direction, unfocused and unresponsive. The Steve got worried and shook Shark to get him out of whatever trance he was in.

"Shark! Son! Snap out of it!" GS said with panic in his voice.

No reaction came of the boy until a few seconds later when he pushed GS away resulting for the Steve to fall into the water. Since GS was underwater, he didn't hear the explosion that happened right where he was. When he resurfaced and was about to scold Shark, he saw a very familiar scene in front of him: fire surrounded the area, burning the once green grass and revealing the dirt below, and laying in the middle was an unconscious Shark.

"Shark!" GS got out of the water, rushed to the human and prayed to Notch that his son was safe. While GS was checking over Shark, he heard a voice making him look up.

"I missed" The figured growled to himself.

"You, you did this to my son?" GS asked dangerously calm.

"I didn't mean to hit him" The figured shrugged, "but either way I got rid of one target"

GS gently laid Shark down and got up, a dark aura surrounding him.

Unfortunately, the figure didn't notice and continued to talk which was an extremely bad idea.

"Why my master even thought that human was threat was beyond me. No matter, he's gone so it's just you and m-" They were inturrupted by GS shooting fireballs at him.

"You. Hurt. My. SON!" GS shouted in raged and sent what seemed to be an endless amount of attacks on the figure who barely dodged the first few before he got pummeled.

Once the person was eliminated, GS ran home to patch up Shark once again and hopes that he won't lose anymore memories or anything more. Rainbow happened to be walking when he saw GS run pass him with a very injured Shark in his arms. Running after the powerful Steve, Rainbow contacted Boss who said he'll be there as soon as possible to help. And thank everyone that Boss and Rainbow came because GS was a mess and could barely get bandages out without shaking. The multicolor Steve took the older Steve out of the room, saying reassuring words to him while Boss did his best to patch Shark up.

Afterwards, Rainbow and Boss stayed the night in case anything happened to the small family, to them, they see GS as a dad and Shark as their younger brother. Because of their pride, neither said anything and did what they could for the two.

GS stared at his son who was lying on his bed, covered with more bandages than he was earlier. It was barely 24 hours and Shark back where he was: unconscious and injured. A few hours later, the almighty Steve couldn't take it anymore and let out a heart wrenching sob. His worst nightmare came to life the day he meet Shark.

Dawn was approaching and Shark had yet to wake up, GS would have stayed up the whole night if Rainbow and Boss hadn't forced him to get some sleep. As GS started to drift off, he heard a groan.

GS's snapped over to his son and seen he was waking up.

"Sh-Shark?"

Warm chocolate eyes met with tired, sad white eyes.

"D-Do you r-remember me?" GS asked with little hope.

Shark didn't say anything, but a smile and holding his arms out was all GS needed to know he had his son back.

-------------------------

Word count: 1043

Requests remaining: 25