Trapped in the Past (one-shot)

Insidious crept along the walls of Grian's base, careful to avoid anything that could alert Game of his presence. Ever since Joke had supposedly possessed his player's body, Insidious had been keeping a close eye on Game to make sure he didn't pull any shit.

He froze, hearing feet skid on the ground, and dove into the shadows under Grian's bed. He pressed himself into the darkness, not wanting to move a muscle in case another shadow saw. The player walked closer to the room he was in, but quickly passed, the sound of feet being replaced by the rapid shuffling of shulker boxes.

Insidious sighed with relief, reforming into his humanoid form and lying against the floor. He looked around the underside of the bed curiously. There was a cluster of random objects, such as the occasional sock or gold nugget. A silver mirror caught his attention and Insidious rolled onto his stomach to observe it.

He thought it was strange that this gorgeous of a mirror was sitting under Grian's bed; it looked brand new as well with a sparkling silver frame and glittering lapis shards embedded in the sides.

The sun outside the window shifted slightly and cast a long shadow on the mirror. Insidious didn't pay much mind to shadow until he saw it move.

Instantly he snapped his head toward the movement and his eyes widened. In the space where the glass was supposed to be on the shadow was a white space with a dark figure in the center. The figure looked to be monochrome Grian, just without his wings, and red eyes looked worriedly at him.

It gasped and rushed closer to the surface of the mirror, banging its fist on nothing and making ripples appear. Insidious grabbed it and stared in shock. "Help!" it cried, voice glitching in and out slightly as it spoke. "... trapped!... help!... please!"

"Who... are you...?" Insidious asked after a moment.

The figure paused for a moment before answering, matching Insidious' gaze and trembling slightly as it nervously hugged itself. "... name... Grief..."

"...Grian... shadow... Evo..."

   ~*~

ooooooohh how spoopy owo (sorryihatemyselftoo- )