Champions of the Arena (one-shot/AU)

kinda based in a gladiator-esque battle arena (also i can no longer get rogue!Python out of my head being all badass ;-;)

   ~*~

"People of the arena!" the announcer called on her mic. "We welcome you to season 6 of the Hermit Championships! Where hidden champions can show their true glory in battle!"

The crowd cheered loud and the announcer paused, grinning from the excitement of it all. "Let us introduce our first 6 challengers!" she yelled once they'd quieted down, her words sparking even more loud cheers.

Two gates on either side of the arena and two people walked out. On the right was man with brunette hair and a beard and on the left was a shorter woman with brown hair in a bob cut.

The man was dressed in a dapper light green suit top with similarly colored dress pants, golden hooks and eyes with small chains connecting his jacket. A deep blue tie was tucked into his jacket and his dark brown eyes shone with determination, the cyan mechanical one glittering menacingly. In his hand was long silver spear tipped with a sparkling lime green gem that he twirled graceful in his hands, slamming the end on the ground and making the entire arena rumble.

"Welcome Iskall 85!" the announcer yelled. "A competitor since season 4 who's made amazing strides in battle!" Iskall took a gracious bow, grinning widely as many cheered for him.

The woman adorned a white long sleeve with lace trimming it and a coral pink shawl made of tulle draped over her shoulders, the edge lined with a cream tinted fur trim. A long dark turquoise skirt swished just above her ankles, the holographic pearls sewn along the end hanging over her dark gray flats. A long silver staff with an upside-down crescent on the end had a beautiful icy crystal dancing within it, tiny snowflakes falling from it as she planted it on the ground.

"Welcome Stress Monster! Though she joined in season 5, the ice queen herself has making fantastic rounds in the arena!" Stress made a peace sign and smiled as the crowd cheered loudly for her.

They swiftly exited through the opposing exits they'd come from, a lanky mustached man and a short dirty blonde walking out to replace them.

The mustached man had hair black as night with dark eyes to match, though they held no ill intent but rather joy. An equally dark vest covered him with a scarlet red tie tucked into it, the white under shirt sleeves rolled half-way up to reveal the thin golden gauntlets over his heads that held glowing red gems on the back of the hand. Red hologram shields spun around him in a circle, glowing with the same warm red as the gems on his gauntlets.

"Welcome Mumbo Jumbo! Here since season 2, the skilled competitor himself has risen up to the challenge once again!" Mumbo smiled and waved at the crowd, chuckling slightly as they all cheered loudly for him.

The dirty blonde wore a ruby red jacket over a white undershirt the sleeves rolled up and showing off his bandaged arms slightly stained with reddish-brown. A band-aid laid over the bridge of his nose and his dark brown eyes shimmered with mischief as long white tassels hung from his arms, seeming to glow in the open daylight. His figure seemed to have a 3D glasses effect where two copies split from the side of him, all maintaining the same position before returning back to one.

"Welcome Grian MC!" the announcer said, having to yell louder over the even noisier crowd. "The newest member, having just come this season, but he has already proven himself as a very worthy competitor!" Grian bowed dramatically, grinning a very cocky grin.

The two exited on opposite sides and another two replaced the, this time a brunette with light stubble and a blonde with vibrant red eyes.

The brunette with stubble had an open gray vest with a white t-shirt underneath, small golden buttons glittering against the dark gray fabric. He had simple muted green cargo shorts with small chains hanging down from the sides and a golden i dangled from a string around his neck.  Neon yellow electricity crackled around him, small zaps of lightning striking the ground.

"Welcome Impulse SV! Since joining season 3, he's been doing absolutely amazing as a competitor!" Impulse dipped his head and waved, grinning as the crowd cheered.

The one with blood red eyes had a headband on with small devil horns poking out of his messy blonde hair. A black cloak draped over him and a hood was tucked behind his back, showing off the red long sleeve with light gray stripes on the arms and black combat boots underneath. From the clasps of the hood were two long red ribbons that flowed over his back, ending in triangular shapes that faded to a deep amber color. Flickering flames circled around his hands and lapped at the hot air around them, letting smoke spiral into the air in smoggy puffs.

"Welcome Tango Tek! Here since season 2 and still killing it as a fierce competitor!" Tango made a peace sign and grinned cockily as the crowd cheered.

The two left on opposite sides and the announcer's platform she was standing on raised, the ground rumbling as she was elevated. "Remember!" she called, voice loud and dramatic. "There will be more after this first battle! Stay tuned because the final challenger will compete against two of our longest running champions! Joe Hills and Xisuma Void!"

   ~*~

i was going to introduce everyone but this has already taken like 4 fucking hours and i have lost all motivation to describe 21 people -.-'

also i lowkey really love Tango and Stress' outfits??? idk i just have a thing for shawls and cloaks and capes and tulle (i mean who fucking doesn't-)