I want you

...

Imagine for  daddapurrfectkitten . Enjoy.

...

I look back at our bed one more time, allowing myself to doubt my decision for a while before pulling my bag onto my shoulder and lifting the suitcase from the ground. But just as I turn to leave, I see Peter coming down from the stairs, an intrigued look in his eyes.

"Going somewhere?" He asks taking a seat on the bottom step and glancing between me and my bags.

"It's none of your business." I reply and the curious sparkle in his eyes dim.

"Don't do that." He mumbles, folding his hands in his lap. "I only ask because-"

"You care?" I interrupt with a bitter tone, rolling my eyes as I place the suitcase down beside me.

"Don't sound so surprised." He starts as he pushes himself up from the stairs. "It's my interest in you that has stopped me from telling Derek your little secret." He adds glancing down at my stomach for a second too long before looking to the ground as he walks my way.

"Bullshit." I comment with a scoff. "The only reason you haven't said anything is to have something to hold against me." He sighs when he stops in front of me, leaning back against the table close to the window.

"Y/n." He says simply and the way his voice plays with the word makes me look away. Something about my name coming from his mouth always causes a small part of me cringe.

"How did you do it?" I ask and he frowns, playing innocent as the memories from what I heard last night burn in my mind. "How the hell did you get him drunk?" I continue and he nods with a smile. For a second I see him considering his options, choosing between telling me the truth and lying to me once again.

"Vervain." He admits looking me straight in the eyes. "It's like the less dangerous version of wolfsbane, kind of like a truth serum for werewolves." He explains.

"Why?" I ask softly as the words of a drunk Derek slur around in my brain. "To hurt me?" I ask as anger starts growing inside of me. "To win me over?" I step closer to him. "Did you think that if I left him, I'd come running to you?" I ask tilting my head.

"No. I don't know." He mumbles looking at me with a pained expression. "I want you, I've always wanted you."

"But I never wanted you." I say softly with slight remorse. "I wanted Derek, I loved Derek." I step back from him, feeling a sting in my heart when I pick up the suitcase next to me. I reach into my pocket and take the key out. "And now neither of you get me." I say dryly shoving the keys against his chest and walking away, ignoring his voice calling for me.

My legs wobble as I walk down the stairs and I can already feel tears burning in my eyes, causing my vision to blur when I wait outside of Derek's building. I shakily drop my bags to the floor, folding my hands over my stomach where a little heartbeat resides and I already know how misplaced my stuttering sobs sound, but I can't be bothered to care. I watch in a daze as a car pulls up in front of me, momentarily halting my crying when Allison jumps out of the passenger seat, concern filling her features. Her arms wrap around me in a rush as she leads me to the car, I hear Chris gathering my bags behind me before getting back into the car as well.

"What happened?" Chris shouts from the front and I can't even find the words to say anything, leaning into Allison's shoulder as we drive. She shifts her gaze from me to her dad who's looking at us through the mirror in the front.