Nothing Better

Part 2 of Better Requested by explicitmindlp for MegaCreeperGirl story .

...

Sevanah's pov.

"Derek I swear if you leave the seat up one more time I am going to-" "

Calm down Nique, that vain in your forehead is going to pop." I shout from the living room as Nique exits the bathroom.

"Sorry Nik I completely forgot." Derek comments hanging another ornament on the tree.

"Yeah okay just don't do it again and I do not have a vain on my forehead. Anyway I have to get to work, I am leaving the decorating up to the two of you, don't mess it up okay." She grabs her coat and her bag and runs out the door.

"You do it on purpose don't you?" Derek hides his smile as he moves to the other side of the tree. I giggle.

"She might kill you if she find out, you are aware that Nique does not have a sense of humor right?"

"She does have one, it is just hidden behind her controlling personality. I have made it my personal duty to find it and bring it forth, one toilet seat at a time." I smile.

Yeah it is funny until she finds out and hangs you up by your canines."

...

So two months ago Derek showed up at the loft that Nique and I share. For the first time ever I allowed myself to love someone with no fear of getting hurt. At the beginning it was hard I admit, but I would not change anything. Derek got a job at the local Animal clinic and I am working at 'To build a home' it is a new interior decorating company that recently opened in the area. Nique is doing an internship at a private clinic for the wealthy and wounded while she is finishing med school.

The loft is situated in the upper east side of New York. It seems like everybody is getting their dreams. Speaking of dreams, to thank Nique for letting him move into the loft with us Derek bought her a Jeep Wrangler, she was ecstatic, now she finds any possible excuse to drive somewhere, it is quite cute really. Anyway so that was the good of it.

It has not been a joyride since we got here though. Derek is having trouble with his werewolf side. The full moons have been quite hard for him even though he would not admit it. Plus moving here has made him an alpha without a pack, the longer he stays like this the weaker he grows. He acts like nothing is wrong but I can see it, he is suppressing his wolf side more and more, I am quite worried what this will do to him.

Things are looking up though, he is meeting up with a few werewolves that lost their alpha to hunters and they are willing to except Derek into their pack.

So I guess were doing well for now. We are happy.

It is December now which means Christmas is on its way. Derek and I spent last week buying a new tree along with new decorations. Isaac, Scott, Stiles and Lydia are coming over for Christmas, apparently they miss the big sour wolf.

...

Derek's arms swing around my waist as he looks down at me. "What are you thinking about. Huh?" I smile returning the gesture by wrapping my arms around his waist.

"Us. When you took me to the fair that day I wanted you to tell me how you really felt. I wanted more than anything to stay but then you said it. It was both frightening and exhilarating. I already knew I loved you. I love you still and I guess I never thought I would admit it not only to you but to me. And now here you are. You are actually here with me and I could not be happier."

Derek smiles. "What do you say we skip the tree decorating and go get some ice cream."

"That is a fantastic idea."

Derek grabs my hand and grabs the car keys from the little bowl on the coffee table. The door swings open and enters Nique with the expression on your face that you would get from your mom after doing something you shouldn't have done.

"Nice try lovebirds, get your butts back inside that room and do as you were told."Nique slowly takes off her coat and places her purse down on the floor. Derek and I look at each other. "I won't ask again you two, this is important and I remember specifically remember telling you not to let me down. The most important part of Christmas is the tree."

Derek leans forward placing a kiss on my forehead. "If I don't make it you should know that I love you." I stare at him confused. He launches forward bringing his hands up. "Here comes the tickle monster." He shouts as Nique starts running.

...

xoxo.. M