Perfect

This one is for tobysbae5. Hope you like it.

...

"I can not believe you did that Lily. He could've hurt you. Why don't you ever just do what I tell you to." Derek shouts as you both walk into the loft.

"Okay two things. One I just wanted to help and then two since when did you become the boss of me." You shout back slowly taking of your jacket.

Derek has always been a very protective boyfriend. He always makes sure that you are safe and far away from danger. He always tried to distance you from the dangers of the supernatural world. And until now you didn't mind. It's not like fighting a large evil lizard and a pack of scary alphas was on the top of your bucket list.

But then Theo and the Dread Doctors came into town. You and Theo dated a while before he moved away. The two of you were pretty close. So you thought that maybe you could talk him out of this. You thought that maybe you could convince him not to hurt your friends anymore.

You were wrong.

"Lily I get that you wanted to help but maybe in the future you could leave the fighting to the people who can actually be helpful." Derek shouted but as soon as the words left his lips his eyes filled with guilt. "Lily I didn't m-" he stuttered searching for the right words.

You looked at the ground. "Maybe in the future you should think before you speak." Your voice was soft. You pushed pass him and walked towards the bathroom while putting pressure on your arm where Theo scratched you.

You locked the door and pulled up your sleeve to take a look at the wound. It wasn't that bad. It wasn't that deep and there wasn't really a lot of blood. You opened the medicine cabinet and grabbed the first aid kit. But then there was a knock at the door.

"Lilypad I am so sorry. Please open the door?" Derek asked in a gentle tone. You didn't say anything. Derek placed his head against the door. "Lily I am sorry for yelling and being mean and acting like a total jerk and for being rude and for saying your not helpful which you totally are and for underestimating you." You smiled to yourself and stepped a little closer to the door. He was sounding like a rambling mess but it was sort of helping.

"Go on.." You said softly.

"Well I guess I could mention how I was scared that you were alone with Theo, not just because he is a sociopathic killer but also because he is your ex boyfriend." You smiled.

"Hmm and.."

"And I am sorry for this life that I forced you into. I knew that after Theo you just wanted a normal life and a normal boyfriend and lets face it Lily this isn't normal." You placed your hands on the door and rested your head against it.

"Normal huh.." You questioned.

"Well I guess I could try normal. Actually I found this pick up line on Google the other day I could try it.  Okay so, if I had dollar for every time I thought of you I would have a dollar, since you never leave my mind." You laughed.

Derek Hale was the most serious person you have ever met. But at the same time he is probably the sweetest guy you know.

"Derek step away from the door." You mumbled in between laughs. He mumbled okay and you opened the door. Derek had a confused look on his face.

"Wait that actually worked. " 

"I love you Derek Hale and this extremely abnormal life and I love that cheesy pick up line. So yes, I guess it worked."

Derek smiled before pulling you towards him and kissing you. "I love you too. Oh and I am also sorry for not picking up milk on my way home." 

"I love you." You said softy before smashing your lips to his.

Derek was everything but the perfect guy but he certainly was the perfect guy for you. And you knew that with him you would have everything you ever dreamed of well everything except for milk..

..

I hope you have an amazing birthday.. 

xoxo..*M